19: Protection Order

I return to the dropship and walk back up to the floor where Lincoln was held, Octavia was seated in the corner, quietly twirling the knife between her fingers, she glanced up to me and smiled.

"May I have some privacy with Lincoln?" She nodded before handing back the blade and smiling.

"Are you going to stay this time?" Octavia asked and I looked to Lincoln and then back to her.

"I don't know yet, Murphy is still out there and as much as I have drawn a line under what Bellamy did, that doesn't mean I'm going to go back to being his best friend again" Octavia nodded and walked towards the drop hatch.

"I like him, he cares about you" she added before walking out. I turned to Lincoln and walked towards him, looking to all his now cleaned wounds.

"You need to stay" he whispered, I raised an eyebrow and he smiled. "The leader, dark haired boy. She was telling me about him, her brother?" I nodded.

"Bellamy" I clarified, Lincoln had put it all together now, the story I had told him, what he overheard Bellamy saying, and his relationship with Octavia.

"He still loves you, he hurt me because he thought I killed you feya" I looked down and sighed. "Loosing you would destroy him, he wanted to kill me, and when he saw that you were alive, all his pain vanished and he just regretted what he did" I nodded, tears in my eyes. "he regrets everything he does to you"

"I know" I whispered, running a hand through my messy hair. "I know he does, but I can't find it in me to forgive anymore. He just breaks my trust again every time. He needs to prove himself this time, before I even consider him a friend" I explained to Lincoln before unlocking the chains that held him in place. "I took the key when I hugged him" I whispered. Lincoln chuckled then wrapped his arms around me, putting some of his weight on me before we both sank to the floor, exhausted.

"Sto-" Miller broke off mid-sentence before staring at me and Lincoln wide eyed. "BELLAMY!" he screamed, jumping down the gap. I rolled my eyes and picked up Lincoln's notepad, passing it back to him.

"Thank you" he whispered, "but I want you to keep it. I'll go back to my town, tell them you were shot by your own people when you tried to return, they'll know that much is true because they'll scout out, and see the blood left on the wall. I saw it when they dragged me in. Share it with the sister, your sister"

"She's no-"I started, but Lincoln cut me off

"Octavia is your sister, for all intents and purposes. She loves you as a sister, and with your Relationship with her brother... you two are sisters. You protect each other as so already" I smiled and he ran his hand up and down my back, I watched as Bellamy climbed up through the drop hatch and Lincoln looked to him before returning to me.

"Octavia, sister" He repeated. Bellamy looked to us both, shocked to hear Lincoln speaking English, even if he put on a broken façade. "Protect" he added and I smiled, nodding. Bellamy slowly walked closer before looking to us both, I nodded and he sat in front of both of us.

"does he understand English?" Bellamy asked me, nodding towards Lincoln, I chuckled and looked to Lincoln.

"Perfectly, I understood as you criticised your minions when they question you, when you lost control because you thought I'd killed your love. I heard every word of your hate towards me..." He trailed off then looked to me, I smiled weakly and placed a hand on his shoulder, I watched as Bellamy tensed up..

"you knew what I was saying, and the answers... so why put yourself through this?" He looked to all the wounds he had caused, grimacing when he realised how badly he had hurt Lincoln.

"You understand the motion of loyalty, no?" Bellamy nodded "well... you've met the Skai Gona, you should know how easy it is for people to grow to love her, and how much people want her to command because she is pure of heart. She is strong but Lawful. I remain loyal to her, and always will because I see greatness in her future Bellamy" Bellamy looked surprised to hear Lincoln speak so clearly and fluidly, but even more so when he said his name.

"Lincoln, is it?" he asked, to which Lincoln nodded gently, Bellamy smiled. "you will always protect her?" Lincoln nodded again "and because of that you will protect my sister?" Lincoln looked to me then back to Bellamy.

"Because I have faith in her, I will protect Octavia, but I will also protect Octavia because she sees me for the good I am. She didn't punish me for what my people do. But also because I care for Skai Gona, I will protect you, with my life. And all of your people, to the best of my ability" Lincoln smiled to me and I beamed back, leaning closer and prssing my forehead to his, my hand cupped the back of his head and his did the same. I pulled back and nodded to Lincoln.

"You do not need to do that for me Lincoln, I know how much you care for your people, but it means a lot that you feel the same towards me as I do for you, you are always welcome here. I will make sure that everyone here is aware of such, and that you are treated with the respect you deserve"