Chapter 3 ✔

Chapter 3

EDITED

Chapter 3

"Morning! I have your entire schedule planned for the next 6 hours of shopping!" Angel - Ms Williams told me to call her Angel - burst into my bedroom. I quickly pulled my blanket over my head, hiding myself. I always looked terrible in the morning: bruises on my legs because I kicked things too hard when I slept, and my hair was all knotted up. I was wearing a maroon Adidas hoodie that was about three sizes too big, and wearing ugly grey sweats.

"Go away. Ms.Em isn't at home, your highness." I faked a British accent.

"Aww, I wanted to give her some cookies." I could almost hear Angel pouting.

Wait...did she say cookies? "What cookies did you bring, Madam?" I once again used the accent.

"Just some double chocolate chip ones and a bag of M&Ms," She teased. Damn, she knew I loved double chocolate chip cookies.  And M&Ms. I can't give in. I can't give in. I. Can't. Give. In.

I gave in.

I jumped out of my bed and rushed to her, snatching the plate of warm cookies and the glass of cold milk, gobbling down the cookies and gulping the milk.

About three-point-five minutes later, I had nothing left on my plate and I had a milk moustache. "Hey, I am the Italian ice-cream man! Want some ice cream? Lick it off my beard!" I teased Angel, and she started laughing like a mad woman.

"Okay, go out now. I need to change." I pushed her out of the door and pulled open my wardrobe and grabbed the first two things I saw. I put on a pink "Love is Forever" shirt and orange skinny jeans. Then, I brushed my hair fast and hard, pulling out many strands in the process. Then, I picked up my Care Bear messenger bag.

Finally, I opened the door, finding Angel half asleep against the wall. Maybe I should punch her awake? I clenched my fists, drawing back, ready to hit her square on the jaw, when her eyes opened. And she let out an ear-piercing scream that wasn't at my fists, but over a petty matter- my clothes and hair. Turns out, orange doesn't match with pink. Or Care Bears.

"Your fashion sense is worse than the girl who won two years ago," Angel nagged on and on. "Why do you comb your hair like this? You're going to go bald in two months!" She forced me into Mum's room - my mum has THREE giant wardrobes. One for shoes, one for clothes, and one for her most prized possessions: Her handbags.

"Okay, first things first. Clothes. Your mum has given me permission to borrow anything for you to wear. While you were getting ready, I already picked out a special outfit for you." Angel had a strained smile on her face, probably from seeing my terrible clothes. She pulled out three items of clothing. One was a white singlet, another was a short flared denim skirt, and the last was an A&F red and blue checkered shirt. "Okay, put the skirt and singlet on first, then come back out," Angel instructed. I did so, and when I walked out, she handed me the checkered shirt. "Wear it unbuttoned."

Then, we moved on to the shoes wardrobe. She stuck her head in for a split second, then reached in and pulled out sneakers, one red and one blue. Why did Mum even have these "young" clothes? Wasn't it embarrassing for her?

"Okie Dokie, wear the sneakers over the knee-length socks." She handed me a criss-crossed pattern sock that reached up to my knees. I  stared at myself in Mum's mirror. What was she trying to achieve with this look?

Finally, Angel opened the bag wardrobe and pulled out a white bag Chanel bag -luckily it wasn't that fancy- that complimented my outfit, toning it down a little bit.