Chapter 24

Em's POV (KEEP IN MIND SHE LOST HER MEMORY)

 "Get in!" Blake called out from inside his car. I grumbled and fumbled with my bag, pulling down my blouse so it didn't really reveal anything, and then wobbled clumsily on my heels to his car.

"Remind me once again, why you're fetching me to school?" I asked irritably, as I slid into Blake's ultra-expensive looking vehicle. A vehicle was used to bring you around, there was no need for luxuries like this! "We can't tell the school about your accident," Blake explained, and I tried to connect it to make it seem like it made sense.

It didn't. "That does not make sense at all!" I replied in annoyance. Ugh, I didn't even know Blake that well!  Maybe I did, in my past life... 

"It will soon, okay? Just let it go!" Blake snapped, and we fell into an awkward silence throughout the whole journey. I awkwardly stared down at my neon orange jeans, fiddling with my leather belt. I didn't know why I was even dressed like this! Mom had forced me into this outfit the moment I got up! I was wearing a plain sleeveless shirt that was tucked into neon orange jeans. Even worse, she made me wear these stupid white, 'chic heels'!

The neon jeans burned my eyes. Mom had spent half an hour curling my hair, burning my scalp in the process, but I had to admit, I looked Good with a capitol 'G'.

We got to school in about five minutes, and I was so relieved. I hopped out of the car, and began walking towards the garden where Darren and I hung out. I didn't bother waiting for the douchebag- He probably went to bang some girl in the closet already. 

When I reached the garden, my heart sank a little. I had somewhat expected Darren to be sitting on that old wooden bench, listening to his iPod with his eyes closed. Now, the garden looked so empty. No one went there at all. It was just a lonely, deserted place, where some people went to make out. The place used to seem so warm and welcoming, but now, it was a cold, strange area.

"This place isn't that bad," I heard a voice behind me, and groaned loudly. "What do you want?" I glared at Blake, and he shrugged. "So, this is where you and Darren go?" He asked, and I noticed that he clenched his fists extremely tightly when he pronounced 'Darren'. "Yep! Our sacred place!" I chirped, reminiscing our good times. "I need to talk to you," Blake's face turned from a poker face to a dead serious one. 

I nodded slowly, waiting for him to continue. "What if.. Darren had told you he loved you?" Blake asked, and I snorted. "I would've told him I loved him back, he's my best friend!" I explained, and he shook his head, sighing. "I mean.. More than friends way?" He asked again. I was dumb-struck. I had never ever thought of that! I'd never think of Darren in a romantic way!

"I'd tell him.. That I didn't feel the same and apologise," I replied to Blake, and he looked... Relieved? "That's good," He grinned, and I cocked my head to one side in confusion and anger. "You're so mean to Darren!" I growled, and he laughed. Evil much? 

"You'll understand it soon enough, if you know.. Get your memory back," Blake told me, and I shrugged. "Maybe I don't want to get it back?" I replied him teasingly, but the look on his face made my heart ache. His face kind of collapsed, and he looked heartbroken, which made a little part of me die. "It's cus' it hurts so much to think," I recorrected, and his face brightened up again. "Okay, take your time. I've got a way to get it back, but I'm not sure if you wanna do that." He asked, and I chewed my bottom lip, nodding. I wanted to try whatever I could to get my memory back, so I could find out what happened!