Chapter 26

After that whole episode that day, I'd apologised to Blake and Mikaela for insisting that the video they had shown me was a lie. My memory had mostly come back. Blake and I had gone on a few dates after that, and tonight, making me fall harder for him. Blake was coming to pick me up and we were going to get some food to eat, before going to do something else.

Mikaela had somehow found out about my date, and bombarded me at around three in the afternoon, saying she needed to get me ready and picture-perfect. I mean, it wasn't even prom! Prom was in like, five days. Anyways, this was what I was doing now- Sitting on my bed while Mikaela looked at the clothes in my wardrobe distastefully. "What is this?" She held up an orange polo shirt, curling her lip in disgust.

"A polo shirt?" I offered, and she shook her head, sighing loudly. Then, she grabbed a scissor on from my desk and snipped that polo shirt into half. "Seriously. You had to do that," I deadpanned, and she shot me an evil grin, dropping the now broken shirt into the bin. She then proceeded to pull out an outfit from her bag. What was she, Mary Poppins?

"Luckily, I brought this awesome outfit!" She grinned widely at me, and showcased the outfit in front of me. It was a jumpsuit, not the type for skydiving, with a satin ribbon in between the end of the top of the jumpsuit, and it's pants. "You like?" She asked, twirling it around on it's hanger, and I nodded slowly. It wasn't slutty like I'd expected, bt it was extremely fashionable.

She quickly shoved the jumpsuit into my hands, and instructed me to put on, walking out of my room and shutting the door after her. I changed, and combed my hair through thoroughly in case she decided to do something with it. Just as I finished, she opened the door without knocking, and walked back in. "Great! You're done with it!" She beamed at me, grabbing my wrist and pulling me towards my vanity table, and forcing me onto the seat.

She took out make-up compacts from her handbag, scrutinizing my face and shooting me a look when I covered it with my hands. "You just need some eyeliner and gloss," She stated after a minute or so of looking at my face. She took out her dark brown eye pencil, and outlined my eye with a light shade. Then, she took out a navy-blue eyeshadow, lightly brushing it against my eyelid.

"There, you're done!" She grabbed my head lightly with her hands, and forced me to look at a mirror instead of her. With the eyeliner, she'd clearly defined my eyes and made it look bigger and more doe-like. The eye-shadow brought out my green eyes, making it brighter.

Mikaela's nimble fingers began braiding my long fringe into a duchess braid on top of my head like a hair band, and added a tiny flower she'd found somewhere at the bottom of the braid. "Done!" She said proudly, admiring her masterpiece and giving me a pat on my back. "Good to go," She gave me a thumbs up, snatching her iPhone and taking a few side and front shots of me, claiming that it was for her 'portfolio'.

Just then, the doorbell rang, indicating that Blake had arrived. "Good luck!" Mikaela smiled one last time, pushing me out of the door. Mom had let Blake in, and he was sitting there on the couch awkwardly, holding a single pink rose in his hand. When he saw me, his face lit up and he stood up. He was wearing a white dress shirt with a black tie and his sleeves were rolled up, and his usual jeans.

"Hey Em, you look pretty," He smiled at me, and I waved at him. Walking towards me, he gave me a hug and held my hand. "Let's go," He said as he kissed the top of my head gently. We walked to his awesome car, got in and drove off to somewhere.