Chapter 4

Chapter Four

"Ouch!" I screeched, as I ripped out the too dangly earrings that Mum had made me wear today. To make her happy, I wore it for about eight minutes before she walked out of the door. Now, I was in the midst of removing it. And, I didn't have a clue how. Mum had made me pierce my ears when I was six, because she thought I was too "tomboyish". I had worn it for about two months before taking it off. Surprisingly, my earholes didn't close or shrink. I gasped in horror as I found out tiny drops of crimson blood was dripping onto the ground from the ear hole. Whoops, I wasn't meant to pull the earring from the bottom up.

Just then, I got a phone call from Angel.

"Hello? Hey Em! You're late!" She yelled. I cringed, thinking of what we were doing on this wonderfully fine day - Stalking Blake.

"Oh, erm sorry, I'm, I'm..." I struggled to think of an excuse, too embarrassed to tell her that I didn't know how to remove earring. "I’m doing number two in the toilet. It’s going to take awhile.”

"Fine. Meet you outside your house in twenty minutes." She hung up.

I quickly put on the clothes that Angel had texted me to wear- A black singlet with a white big-holed cardigan on top, and denim shorts. Not to sound egoistic, but I rocked the outfit. I put on my black sneakers and rushed out of the house just as Angel pulled up, this time in a black Mazda.

"What happened to your beetle?" I asked, curiously.

"Oh, I sent her to the car spa for a day off, so I took my brother's car." She grinned at me. She was really crazy about her cars, who ever thought of Car Spas?! I sure wouldn't send my future car there.

"Okay, so first thing we're going to do is go to Gerald's place, where I asked him to keep tabs on your target." We drove there silently. Angel jabbed her finger into her phone's keypad, and put her phone to her ear.

"Gerald, do you have everything? Good. Meet you at the lobby." She talked to him for about eight seconds, before beckoning me to sit on a yellowing couch in what must me the lobby. In about a few minutes, a guy with glasses came out. When he saw Angel, his face brightened and he practically ran to her.

"Okay, I got everything you need in this file." He said secretly, looking around like there were spies.

Angel rolled her eyes and retorted," It's not James Bond you idiott."

His face fell for a split second, and then recovered. "Okay I got his address, phone number, you name it!"

I smiled gratefully at him. Does this mean we don't have to go all crazy stalker on him? Angel must've read my mind, because she shook her head slightly. Oh, drat.

"Thanks, Gerald. Bye!" She called out from behind, and then dragged me back to her car.

"So, Em. Now we're going to stalk him." She had a mischievous grin that made her look almost like a young, innocent child. According to the papers Gerald had given her, Blake should be at Greenbrooks lake. What was he there for?

Well, I got my answer as soon as we got out of the car. He was in a heated make-out session with a girl from our school called Claudia. Wait, wasn't he going out with Anastasia? Or Marina? Oh I forgot, he was the biggest player in our school. "I don't feel comfortable" I told Angel, and she laughed quietly and told me the name of her target last time, Jed Martin. Whoa, was it the Jed Martin? The one that was the school's bad boy? He had settled down after meeting a girl called Angela Williams. Oh my gosh. Angel made him fall so deeply in love with her! I had heard last week that they were getting married.

"So you're marrying him?" I asked.

Angel nodded her head excitedly, "I know. I love him!" How could she love him, if she seduce him? I was lost in thoughts, until a hard slap to my right cheek brought me back to reality.

"Move it Em! Blake's moving!" She pushed me roughly and I cursed her in my brain as I tumbled into a spiky bush. I plucked out three giant leaves and covered myself with them. An idiot such as Blake would surely believe I was a tree! I saw as he kissed Claudia goodbye. Then, he got into his super expensive BMW and drove off. Angel screamed at me to get into the car. We quickly chased after him and I saw that he had drove to the Food House, a popular cafe that most people went to hang out. There, I saw him look around confusedly before hugging a girl that patted him on his back, and kissed her. Wow, mega-player here. He then sat down, and they started chatting animatedly.

"How am I going to make him fall in love with me if he is, you know, just kissing random girls?!" I complained to Angel, and she giggled.

"It's okay, he will give  them up for you." Why did she sound so damn confident? I was almost certain I wouldn't win the games.

"Okay, we're kind of going to break the rules here, but walk up to him and say hi, see his reaction." She whispered urgently to me. I shook my head hard, I was so not going up to him. No matter what she said, I was digging my heels in.

Two minutes later, I had a burning cheek from Angel's slap, and I was about two metres behind him. Okay, Emerald. You can do this. You can do this. I walked forward. One step. Two steps. I clenched my fists tightly, and plastered a fake smile on my face.

"Hi, Blake!" I greeted too excitedly, feeling like one of those fake and cheap girls in our school. Blake turned around from his deep conversation with that girl, and smiled one of his oh-so-sexy (but not really) smiles. Ugh, I hated players. The girl he was with shot me a glare behind his back. Jealous slut.

"Hi..."

"Em."

I wasn’t very comfortable around guys, especially him, so I just murmured some lame excuse and walked away. He probably thought I was an idiot or something.

“He’s interested,” Angel commented, her eyebrows raised. She looked like she couldn’t believe it, which offended my slightly.

“That’s insulting,” I retorted. She ignored me, and started walking towards her brother’s car. After a few seconds, I grudgingly stalked after her, and slid into the passenger seat.

Maybe, it was my fatigue, or due to the excitement in the past few days that made me fall alseep the moment Angel started driving.

When I woke up, I was in my bed. I looked at my bedside digital clock, and it read 11pm. I slept for six freaking hours already? Oh shit! Where's Angel? I looked around frantically, and then noticed a bright yellow post-it on my study desk.

Good luck for tomorrow! I brought you home! Just remember, never truly fall in love with him until he does the same. Angel x

I smiled to myself. I had such a good mentor, even though she had a hot temper. Even though she had little faith in me, she still tried to help. After scanning the post it a few more times, I went back to bed. It was already eleven, so there was no harm going back to sleep again.