Chapter 5

Chapter 5.

I was walking to school, singing to the birds and chewing on my mint-y chewing gum. Everything seemed to go my way.. Until I heard Mikaela scream,"There we have it! The first loser of the games!" And the school bell rang on.. And on....

"Ahhhhh! I lost!!" I yelled at the top of my voice, abruptly sitting up straight on my bed. Oh, it was a dream. I tried to slow down my heart rate. Breathe in, breathe out. After awhile, my breathing returned to normal, and I realised Mum was staring at me with a bewildered expression.

"What? Never seen me have a nightmare before?" I muttered too softly for her to hear.

"Hon! Me and Angel picked your outfit for you! Go get ready and we'll show you!" Mum squealed excitedly, bouncing up and down like a child. I speed walked to the bathroom, spending about ten minutes brushing my teeth and all that, before heading back out.

I felt someone grab me from behind and cover my eyes with their dainty hands. "You ready for the revolutionary dress?" Angel said enthusiastically bobbing her head up and down. "Yeah whatever," I grunted at her. I just wanted to die already.

Angel led me somewhere and then removed her hands.

"Tadaaa!! The tailor made dress just for a unique girl!" Angel screamed. I took a good look at the dress. It was a pastel pink dress that had a bit of frills at the sleeve and had flared out at the bottom. I was to wear a light pink beret with it, coupled with silver accessories and the cutest flats I had ever seen. The flats were a light pink and had a tiny puffed up ball in front.

"Oh my God! Thank you! Thanks!" I started gushing and giving Angel and Mum my 'Good Ol' Bearhugs'. Except maybe I hugged to tight. Mum winced after the hug, and Angel rubbed her arms.

"Kay, put it on, and I'll style your hair for you." Angel instructed, walking out of the room and dragging mum out too.

Twenty seconds later, she came barging back in. I was just done putting my dress on. 

"Em! Why are you so slow?" Angel whined. Slow? She gave me twenty freaking seconds! She pulled the beret out of my hands and dumped it on my head, and took out the curling iron. A few minutes later, I was out the door with luscious waves some people would die for. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 

When I reached school, I got a text coincidentally from Mikaela(remember her?). I read it and gasped in horror.

Sorry, Emerald, something went wrong with our system. You N Willa are both targeting Blake. 

-Mikaela xx

I could almost hear her evil laugh. This was so not an accident. I was thinking of the stuff I would do to Mikaela, skin her alive and eat her or push her off the building, when someone tapped my shoulder. I whipped my head around and glared into someone's fake-looking golden-flecked violet eyes. It was Willa.

"Hey freak. If you think you have a chance? You don't, F-Y-I," She sneered at me.