Chapter 25

~Dedicated to @Joseygurl for being the 250th vote!:D~

Em's POV

This was it! Finally, I was going to visit Darren in his juvenile home! I missed him so much! "You're gonna break my car," Blake mumbled as I bounced on the carseat. "Seriously, it's annoying." Mikaela deadpanned from the backseat, and I rolled my eyes. "Are you high or something?" Blake asked, and I nodded excitedly. "I ate loads of skittles before the car ride!" I squealed, and he raised one eyebrow, nodding slowly. 

"Woke up on the right side of the bed, what's up with this prince song inside my head?" I sang loudly, and took note of Mikaela wincing at my horrendous, out of tune singing. "You're still singing this song?" Mikaela asked in annoyance, and I nodded. "Why? Adam Young and Carly Rae Jepsen are awesome together!" I defended, and Mikaela narrowed her eyes.

"Whatever, I'm gonna just, like shun you now," Mikaela announced as she took out her mascara, and started apply it, without looking in the mirror. How did she manage to do that? I turned slightly to examine her motions- She slowly applied it in gentle strokes. Ooh! "This is the behaviour of a cheerleader. Watch as she applys her makeup skillfully!" I talked like a news reporter, and Mikaela glared at me, and returned to putting her makeup on.

"So, Blake, how are you feeling about visiting Darren today?" I interviewed Blake, and he grunted. "Blake obviously was raised by a gorilla or some ape," I stage-whispered, and both of them glared hatefully at me. I slumped down in my seat awkwardly as they returned to what they were doing- Driving and putting on make up.

After forty-five minutes of an uncomfortable silence, we reached the Boy's home. It's exterior was grey and dull, which immediately made me feel depressed. I unconsciously grabbed Blake's hand for some reassurance, and he gripped mine tightly, making my heart skip a beat. 

We walked into the main office, where the receptionist was. The receptionist was a woman with greying hair tied into a tight bun, and ugly glasses. "Can I help you?" Her voice came out nasally, and I cringed as I smelled her bad breath from a few feet away. If being a receptionist in a juvenile home was like this, that was totally out of my career choice! 

"We would like to see Darren Walters, please." Blake asked politely, and the woman grinned, revealing her yellowing teeth from too much nicotine. "Please follow me," She stood up, hunching over, and slowly walked past the metal door, gesturing for us to follow her.

We walked past many rooms with large, bullet-proof windows, and I noticed boys looking sullen in their rooms. They all stared at us weirdly as we walked past, and I shuddered under their gaze. Finally, we stopped outside a room. Darren was sitting on his sad excuse of a bed, wearing a wife beater and boxers. His face lit up as he saw me, and he stood up quickly, waving at me. I saw him mouthing something, but the glass must've been soundproof, because I couldn't hear anything.

The woman unlocked the door, and ushered three of us in, told us we had ten minutes, before slamming it shut. I managed to survey the place in the few seconds of awkwardness. It was disgustingly disgusting, with yellowing walls that was badly vandalised, and a toilet that was in the same room as the bed! "Em?" Darren asked tentatively, taking a small step towards me. Instantly, Blake and Mikaela was in front of me, shielding me from him. "It's alright, I need to speak to him," I muttered, and Blake shot me a concerned look, glaring at Darren. He moved to one side, and Mikaela copied him, but they still kept a protective hand on my shoulder in case Darren did something.