Chapter 12

Chapter 12

"I have a bad feeling about this. And I think I'm gonna hurl." Blake told me from the back seat of the car we were in. His face had a greenish tinge in it that made him look somewhat like the Hulk. I started imagining him growing bigger and turning greener, and his clothes ripping, leaving only his pants, and started giggling to myself.

"What a nice daydream." Blake's voice cut me back into reality, and I shook my head. Did I just say that out? Blake answered for me. "Yes, you did." Oops, I said that out loud again, didn't I? Thankfully, I didn't say my thoughts out.

"Scuse'? Boyfriend about to puke here?" Blake rapped lightly on my forehead with his knuckles, and my eyes refocused on him.

"Sorry.." I mumbled, and he started laughing, only to choke and turn even greener. Now, because of the lack of air and the car-sickness, his face color was like a badly colored christmas tree.

"That driver sucks!" He managed to choke out before grabbing a barf bag that was conveniently under the driver's seat and vomiting into the bag with perfect aiming. I noticed the driver rolling his eyes and muttering something that sounded scarily like 'big baby' under his breath, and that sold me.

I laughed till my sides ached, and I was sure to get my jaw dislocated, and the driver gave me a weird look. He probably thought I was crazy, laughing in this 'dire' situation.

Finally, we reached our destination, and I was done with my laughing fit. I opened the car door, and stepped out as a rush of fresh air hit me. Keyword: Fresh. I wasn't referring to the type of air you get from the air-conditioner at the mall- That was artificial. I'm talking about the one that comes from trees and the breeze mixing together.

I took a deep breath, sighing to myself contentedly. I hadn't breathed such magnificent air for almost two years already, and it felt good. After I was done admiring the air around me, I took notice of where I was. I was surrounded by hundreds of trees, and there was a camping circle in the middle. Five tents were pitched up, and there was a big bonfire in the middle of the tents. Three tents were currently in use.

Wait.. When did the Games have this section? I had never seen this before in the footage! I turned back slightly to see Mikaela striking a pose like a model in front of her car and shot her a questioning glance. She smiled evilly and opened her over-glossed lips. "I decided to make it more fun this year!" She said 'enthusiastically'.

Fun? She thought this was fun? Mikaela's words replayed in my head like a broken recorder, and I started feeling a little lightheaded. I turned to face the car I had just exited from to see Blake staggering out, looking like a drunkard. He stumbled to a stop in front of me. "What game are you talking about?" He croaked, rubbing his throat. It must've hurt like hell.

Mikaela shot me her you're-so-dead smirk and told him, "Em was about to explain." What a bitch she was!

I glared at Mikaela for god knows how long. It could've been hours or just mere seconds, but I didn't care. I wanted her to feel my wrath and hopefully shrivel and die. She flinched delicately at my intense face, and I patted myself on the back mentally. Suddenly, a loud cough brought me back to reality. "So..?" Blake prodded for answers, and I sighed inwardly. What a persistent guy.