Chapter 21 √

Chapter 21. 

EDITED.

"Let's go shopping!" Darren's psychotic girlfriend, Massie, tugged on my hand and I blinked my eyes a few times. Was I dreaming? A few days ago, Massie had been so mean to me, and now, she was acting like my best friend.

"Why?" I asked her, eyeing her, and she shrugged her shoulders.

"You're Darren's best friend, and I'm his girlfriend. We should bond!" She explained, and I lifted an eyebrow- It seemed so suspicious. Yet, I somewhat trusted her. Hmm, weird. 

"Fine, let's go," I grumbled softly, grabbing a purse from my bedside counter, before following her out of the house and into her Camaro. I should've known she was extremely rich. She kept up a constant chatter throughout our journey, talking about her favourite color, activites and other unimportant stuff. I kept a neutral face, replying her questions patiently, even though I wanted to stab her a million times on the inside.

I had never been so happy in my life when we reached the mall. I jumped out of the slowly reversing car, shouting to Massie that I would meet her at the mall entrance, and she gave me a thumbs up sign as I made a run for the air-conditioned place.

The minute I stepped in, cool air gushed against me, and I closed my eyes for a second at the soothing effect it had on me, before I opened my eyes again. I didn't want to look like a weirdo! I quickly sat at the bench near a store called 'Beautilicious'. I mean, come on! What store has a name like that? Apparently, that store did. So weird!

I spent the next five minutes dissing store names, until Massie tapped my shoulder sharply with her acrylic nails. "You ready?" She asked me excitedly, and I gave her a sarcastic, fake happy shriek that she probably mistook as the real thing. She gripped my wrists so tightly her nails dug into my flesh, and dragged me into that store that I had dissed- Beautilicious.

*

"No! I don't like it!" She flung her arms dramatically into the air, dumping all the dresses on the ground.

"Baby," I muttered to myself, to quietly for her to hear. This was our sixth shop, and we had spent hours and hours in this shopping mall. I had bought my dress from Beautilicious a few hours ago, and we were currently choosing Massie's. She had found a black toga prom dress with a puffy skirt, but apparently, it made her look like a 'Black Swan'. What the hell was that supposed to mean?

"I'll go choose one for you," I announced to her, and she collapsed onto the ground, tears flowing out of her eyes. What a crybaby. I walked around the ginormous shop for a few minutes, before my eyes landed on a beige number. It's design was so intricate, that it seemed like she would be wearing practically nothing except for a few beautiful etheral patterns that were drawn on, covering those parts, and it had a frilly white skirt that ended midthigh. Perfect for a little slut like her.

"Hey, Massie! What about this one? It's pretty!" I told her, and her face brightened as she took in it's sluttiness.

"Hold on, I'll go try it," She breathed, before snatching it and marching into the changing room. I took the time to sit on the store's leather bench, and admire that beautiful dress I had gotten. It was a bright pink dress that ended at my thighs, and it looked strapless, but there was a tiny scarf that you could throw over your right shoulder and secure so the dress wouldn't fall. In the middle of it was a rhinestone pattern.