Chapter 1.

Ronnie

Ronnie slouched in her seat as her aunt spoke to her. They were currently on a drive to her new school and Her aunt was going on about missing back home. 'Back Home' was a reference to Jamaica. Just hearing her aunt talk about it irked her nerves. Ronnie hated Jamaica with a passion. Ever since she began to understand life at just the age of twelve, all she ever wanted to do was leave. She hated just the thought of leaving her house to socialize with the others. Going to school especially sickened her. She just wanted a whiff of the foreign air.

"Even though I think that you made the wrong choice by leaving especially at this moment in your life , I'm glad to have you here with me, "her aunt said while offering a smile.

Ronnie rolled her eyes. All Her life she was told that she made the wrong choices. Ronnie's choices depended on what she thought was Best for her. Unlike others she couldn't just sit and be uncomfortable.

Back in Jamaica other people considered Ronnie to be very lucky. They said she 'had it all.' But that was from their perspective. In her head she had nothing. She never claimed anyone as her friend and never claimed anyone as her family. 'Mom' and 'Dad' was just a title, they weren't her family. They never owned Up to that title. All Her life all she had was herself.

Huffing Ronnie looked out the window and closed her eyes. She knew in her heart she did the best thing for her mental health. Others looked down on her and cussed her for being a waste but not once did she even stop to care.

She made her decision and she dropped out of college after a total of four months. She realized that she wasn't ready. She was never once ready. She just did what others expected Her to. Ronnie figured since she was only sixteen that going back to school wasn't a set back .

When the car came to a stop Ronnie became aware of her Surroundings. They had finally arrived.

"Well Good luck, "her aunt beamed.

"Uh thanks. " Ronnie muttered before getting out of the car  .

Without hesitation she made her way onto the school compound. Just the outside appearance of the school met her expectations. It looked just like the schools on television and in pictures.

Adjusting her bag strap, she made her way through the large door. Her facial expression never changed as she walked through the halls. Like always her face was serious.

After visiting the secretary's office and receiving Her schedule she made her way straight to her first Class.

When she entered the classroom she ignored the eyes. Instead she casually made her way to the back of the classroom. Chatter irrupted as soon as she sat down.

Ronnie rolled her eyes "Fucking kids, " she thought.

The period flew by quicker than expected and she was now walking outside of the school doors. She eventually found herself heading towards the back of the school .

"I said don't fucking touch me! "

Ronnie frowned once she turned the corner and saw two girls cussing. Ignoring them she casually leaned against the wall.

"What the fuck you gon' do, huh? "

Raising her eyebrows she watched as the stud shoved the other girl backwards into the wall.

"You think I'm afraid of you ? Continue fuck 'round with me!! "she yelled before her fist crashed against the girl's face.

The sound of the impact caused Ronnie to cringe. Before she knew it the two started fighting. It was an unfair fight seeing that the stud was taller and the other girl was skinnier and shorter. It Wasn't like her to Just watch and let shit like this happen, so she decided to Step in.

"Yo!!" she shouted as she walked towards them.

"Back the fuck off, " The stud yelled when she noticed Ronnie.

"The fuck you tryna do Kill Her?! "

When She ignored Ronnie and was about to swing again Ronnie stood in front of her and shoved Her backwards.

"This isn't your fight!" she yelled once she regained Her balance.

Ronnie walked up to her, "And this isn't your fight either. If you gon fight, fight someone your own size. "

"Boii fuck you." she spat before brushing pass Ronnie

Ronnie watched as she left then turned to face the girl. .

"You good? " she asked 

When the girl assured Her that she was okay she headed back towards the front of the school  .

...

"Ronnie!" her aunt yelled.

"I'm here, " Ronnie replied whilst scanning the fridge.

After settling on Just an apple she grabbed it an bit into it.

"Come out into the front room! "

When Ronnie walked into the front room she stopped in her tracks when her eyes landed on her aunt standing next to the stud from earlier along with a duffle bag over her shoulder.

"Ronnie, this is Jasmine. Jasmine this is my niece. " her aunt started.

"Okay. " she replied flatly.

"Jasmine will be staying with us for the next two weeks. I'm doing her mother a favor . She goes to the same school as you and she'll be your ride for the next two weeks.  Hopefully you two will become friends. "

When the two locked gazes they held the same serious facial expression. Dismissing herself Ronnie headed upstairs.

"Just be nice to her Jasmine, " she heard her aunt whisper .

Ronnie sucked her teeth, she wasn't planning on making any friends.