Chapter 18

"My name is Nathaniel and I'm twenty-seven years old and I'm in a serious relationship with my car -"

Ronnie watched TLC's my strange addiction in disbelief as images of a Man kissing his car flashed across the screen.

"This the kind of shit you like to watch? "

Jasmine laughed, "Its hilarious. "

Ronnie raised an eyebrow, "A nigga fucking his car is hilarious? "

"Yeah. Now hush and continue watching. "

"Nathaniel is in a committed relationship with his car he named Chase. He met Chase in a resale lot five years ago ,"The narrator's voice paused and Nathaniel began to speak, "It felt like Love at first sight .I just felt an instant connection-"

Ronnie switched the television off, "This shit whack as hell. The car ain't even cute. "

"If Love had to do with being good looking I don't think I would be here with you, "Jasmine shrugged with all seriousness.

"Fuck around and get cut, "Ronnie folded her arms, "I know I'm cute. "

Jasmine stared at her for a while. She had really gotten herself a dime. Even though Ronnie had her times she could see That she had a true soft heart.

"When are you turning seventeen? "

"Next year. "

"Sometimes I forget that your younger than me. You be on some grown shit. You talk too damn Raw. "

"I get that a lot. I can't help the fact that I had to grow up real fast. No matter how I act I'll always remember my age. "

"I'm sorry you had to grow up fast. "

"It's cool, "Ronnie replied whilst pulling Jasmine's leg onto Her lap and beginning to rob it.

"How did we even get here? A minute ago you were bullying me. "

Ronnie laughed, "I wasn't bullying you . I was just testing to see how tough you were. I know now that you're a punk. "

"You made me into a punk. I feel like yo Lil bitch sometimes . "Jasmine mumbled truthfully.

"Word. "

"I Swear you do the most, the choking, the shoving. Sometimes it feels like a little too much. You make me feel so stupid sometimes because I never do anything back and I allow you to do the shit that you do. Stupid in love, "Jasmine laughed after saying the last part.

Ronnie eased her foot off of her lap. It bothered Her that Jasmine thought of her like that. It fucked with her head to know that she felt stupid for being with her. Maybe she was to harsh on her. Maybe she needed to change how she acted towards her up a bit. She wanted Jasmine to be as comfortable as she possibly could be with her.

Sensing that something was wrong Jasmine gently elbowed her in her side, "You good? "

Shrugging Ronnie switched the television back on. She cringed at an image of a Man Eating glass on my strange addiction. That bullshit was disturbing.

"Watch what you wanna watch I'm gonna go to sleep or something ."

Ronnie leaned over and placed a kiss on her lips before standing up and making her way up to her room. She just needed a quick breather.

... ... ...

"I'm gon' make her panties wet when she see the way I flex
I'm gon' win a Grammy, move my family out the projects
We went from chillin' in the projects to makin' projects
We was tryna get to the top, and they tried to stop us
I talk for myself, bitch I don't need no fucking voucher
She looked at my wrist and she looked at a hundred thousand"

Jasmine leaned up against the wall as she watched everyone around her. She had decided to hang out with Terai at some party she was invited to since that for some reason Ronnie didn't want to chill with her. It was a bit unusual for Ronnie to deny Her company, but she paid it no mind.

She spotted Terai from a distance walking in her direction. Terai had been acting weird ever since they got back on speaking terms. She was smiling more than usual and she was Just always in Her private space. When they were at school and Ronnie appeared she would always seem to disappear, but she could understand why. She was kinda glad that Terai was not present when Ronnie was around seeing as she was hiding it from her to prevent arguments.

"Here, "Terai said holding out a drink.

"I can't drink, I gotta drive home tonight. "

"Just One drink. One drink is harmless. "

Jasmine raised an eyebrow ,"Alright, One drink. "

Terai watched her intently as she began to sip her drink.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"Nothing, "Terai shrugged .

After a couple minutes of silence between the two and vibing to music Terai spoke up.

"You know your girlfriend cussed me out and threatened me? "

Jasmine sucked her teeth, "What's New? "

"I don't know how you put up with her. You must feel like your walking on Ice around her. Slip up and she'll bust yo face in. "

"What're you getting at?"

Terai shrugged, "I just don't feel like what y'all got is healthy. You don't need someone that violent in your life.  Choking and pushing you around is not love. You need someone who you can trust and who won't try to strangle you every time they're mad. "

"What does my relationship with Ronnie gotta do with you? No hard Feelings, but I'm not discussing Her with you. Mind your own business and monitor your own life. "

"Just think about it Ronnie. I care for you too much to let anyone fuck you over,"Terai paused and placed Her hands in her pockets, "Truth is I care for you more than I would like to admit. Your really special to me Jasmine and you don't even know it. "

Her eyes darted around the room as she thought of something to say back. Her thoughts were disturbed when Terai smashed her lips against Hers. She quickly shoved Her away and stepped back a bit.

"The fuck was that my nigga?! "Jasmine yelled.

Terai felt a sharp pain in her chest. Now she knew how it felt to be rejected.

"I guess I'm a little drunk ." Terai faked slurred, hoping that Jasmine fell for it.

"I'm going home bruh. Just don't tell nobody shit. "

Not sparing her One last look Jasmine brushed passed Her and made her way out of the house .

-

"What're you looking? "

Milly smirked as she watched the scene before her. She had a story that needed to be told.

"Nothing, just pass me the drink. "
....