Chapter 17.

Ronnie angrily tossed Her phone Onto Her bed. Her mother had called less than five minutes ago to check up on her. Like always simple meaningless sentences Started up a heated conversation. She was so tired of her mother's bullshit and her lies.

Her chest heaved up and down. If there was One person in the world that riled her up, it was her mother.

Feeling a bit parched she headed downstairs for a cold glass of water. On her way to the kitchen she spotted Yunnie talking on her phone. Yunnie looked at her open her mouth to say something but Ronnie continued to walk.

She hadn't been speaking to Yunnie for the last Two days. Ever since her comment about her and Jasmine's relationship she just distanced herself.

Yunnie walked into the kitchen and held the phone out to her.

"Your mother wants to speak to you. "

"Get that shit outta my face ,"Ronnie mumbled pushing the phone away.

"Take the damn phone. She's still your mother. "

"I don't give a fuck. "

"You need to cool it with the swearing. Remember who your talking to. Respect me in my own Home ,"Yunnie held the phone out again,"Take the phone. "

Ronnie snatched the phone from her and hung up the phone before passing the phone back to her.

Turning away Ronnie opened the fridge to fetch a bottle of water.

"I'm starting to understand what your mother had to go through. "

She paused before closing the fridge door. Clenching her jaw she looked back her aunt.

"What she had to go through? You know how my mom is. I told you what she put me through and you have the fucking decency to say 'what she had to go through ' ?! "

Yunnie placed Her phone down on the table, "Lower your voice. Respect me in my home! Know your damn place. I'm the adult here. "

"I wouldn't have to be here if my bitch ass mother knew how to raise Her kid. " Ronnie grumbled.

Everything that bothered Her or pissed Her off lead back to her mother.

"That's still my sister at the end of the day, so cool it. "

Ronnie gave her One last glare before walking out of the kitchen. She was already heated and she didn't want to argue any further with her aunt since she needed a place to stay.

"Ronnie! "

Sucking her teeth, Ronnie ignored her and opened the front door. She decided on going on a walk to clear her mind.

.. .. ..

"You good? "Jasmine asked with a frown when they walked into her bedroom.

"I'm cool, "Ronnie said blandly not wanting her to see her at her worst.

"You Sure, "Jasmine Pressed.

Ronnie flopped down on the bed, "I said I'm fine, damn. "

Sucking her teeth at her Attitude, Jasmine climbed onto the bed and lair down next to her with her arms folded. The room became silent as neither of them spoke.

"So you came over here to not say shit. You can do that at home you know. "

"Okay, "Ronnie said getting up.

Jasmine grabbed her arm and pulled her back down onto the bed.

"Just talk to me. We're supposed to talk to each whenever we're troubled. Communication and trust, ain't that how relationships work?

When she heard no response from Ronnie she simply turned on her side with her back facing her. Jasmine trusted Her more than she could possibly even imagine. She just hated the fact that Ronnie obviously didn't feel the same way about her. It hurt Her that their whole relationship seemed to be one sided.

"I love her man, "Ronnie sniffed, "But Still I hate Her so fucking much ."

Jasmine's facial expression morphed into one of confusion as she rolled onto her other side. Her Heart instantly fell when she saw tears forming in Ronnie's eyes.

"Who are you talking about?"She questioned feeling a bit uneasy.

"My mother. She claims she loves me but with the shit she does it's hard to believe. My whole damn life I've been thinking bout getting my shit together by going to school and getting my education so I can make it somewhere and give back to my mom, but her dumbass ain't even got her own brain. She let that bum ass nigga do all the thinking. Chose a damn nigga over me, her damn blood and child. She neglected me for more than half of my damn life,"Ronnie began to break down.

"I'm tired of these parents bringing children into the world to just neglect them and not give a fuck about their well being. Fuck kinda shit is that? As a parent you supposed to show Love and care for yo kid. I'm fucking tired of this bullshit. You know how many parents out there abandon their kids or just give them away not cause they can't take care of them but because they don't want to. You know how these kids gon' end up feeling? Niggas be too young for this shit man. Got kids to depressed to even wanna see another day. You sleep and you pray only to wake up to the same shit every damn day. I'm sixteen and I've already lost faith. "

Ronnie looked over at Jasmine, "How you gonna tell me you love me, but when a nigga hit you and I try to defend you , you allow him to beat the fuck outta me and when you done you leave me there in pain with bruises to kiss that fuck nigga good night. "

Jasmine wrapped her arms around her when her body started to shake. She could see the topic was really touching a soft spot.

"I'm tired of that nigga putting his hands on me and my momma! I hate her for caring about him more than she ever cared about me. Shit there was even a point where my mom didn't even allow me to go to school cause he didn't want me to. Talking bout I had to Learn to how to be damn house wife. Fuck kinda parent prevents a child from getting educated. That's a fucking right. "

"You know how it feels to wanna run away but you know yo ass gotta stay cause you ain't got no where to go. I'm so tired Man. So tired. They fucking broke me Jasmins. I prefer the blows than this goddamn emotional abuse. Why bad shit gotta happen to good people? When y'all done, y'all want me to have Hope? I've had hope for too damn Long! "

By now the pillows were soaked in tears, "Just promise me you'll Love me unconditionally. Promise me you'll Love me forever. "

Jasmine laid Her head on her chest, "I promise. "

.. ... ..