Chapter 9.

"Oh shit,"Jasmine mumbled rolling over onto Her back.

When she rolled over she groaned in pain. Her head was pulsating. Weakly fluttering her eyes Open, she tried to adjust them to the Light . She looked around the room to see Ronnie pulling a shirt over her head. Her facial expression changed from relaxed and morphed into one of confusion.

"What time is it? " she groaned before looking at the time on her watch.

It read 4:23am

"What happened last night? How did I get home?" she questioned.

"Well after you and your stupid ass girlfriend got drunk I was left to take y'all grown asses home. I had to call my aunt to get directions to your house. After dropping you off I had to take directions from Milly to her house. I'm not even sure if that House I dropped her at was her's. Regardless at least I got rid of her. Because I didn't feel like driving home I crashed at your house and now I'm leaving. "

"You don't have to leave "Jasmine shot up, but regretted it as soon as she felt a tightening sensation in her head,"You can stay until time for school. "

"Well I want to leave, "Ronnie replied slipping on her shoes.

"Do your self a favor and learn how to hold down your liquor. You were an embarrassing mess. "she spoke again.

Jasmine rolled her eyes and flopped back onto Her bed.

After a brief moment of silence Ronnie spoke again.

"Question. Do you like me Jasmine ?"

Jasmine looked at her confused yet surprised.

"Of course I do we're friends. " she responded frowning.

"Don't play stupid with me. Do you have feelings for me? "

Jasmine looked away from her,"No. Why would I? "

"I don't believe you. Last night proved differently. You said things I didn't like to hear. I'm telling you now, don't. "

"People say dumb shit all the time when they're drunk. You can't honestly be in your feelings over that. " Jasmine mumbled annoyed that she found faults in almost everything.

"And another thing Jasmine, I no longer wish to be friends with you. You having feelings for me will only complicate things ."

"That's stupid. And I said I didn't have feelings for you. Why would I even feel some type of way about you anyway . I'm already struggling to be your friend why would I even think about being something more with you. Why would I put myself through that? "Jasmine paused, "Can someone liking you possibly even be a problem? Be grateful that someone actually Likes you. You especially know what being unwanted feels like. You should appreciate what you have."

Ignoring her Ronnie slipped on her other shoe and headed for the door. Just before opening the door she looked behind her.

"Do your self a favor and talk less before I bash in that pretty mouth of yours. "

.. ... ... ...

Ronnie held her chin in the palm of her hand as she tried to figure out her twelevth Math problem.

She sighed once she saw Terai coming from her peripheral view .

"What do you want now? "she asked when she walked up to her, "We don't have that assignment til Day after tomorrow. "

"I just wanted to know if I could invite you Somewhere. "

"No thanks. "

"Well I thought you, me and Jasmine could hang out. "

Ronnie looked up at her, "Where a y'all going? "

"Something called a smoke fest. I'm talking bongs, pipes, hookah vaporizers, joints, One hitters and more, "Terai said in a hushed tone.

Scrunching up her face Ronnie searched her face to see if she was serious. A smoke fest sounded like dumb shit waiting to come. Of course dumb asses like Jasmine followed dumb shit anywhere it goes.

"Okay. Just tell me the address and time and I'll meet you there. "
Terai gave her all the information she needed and went about her business.

"Stupid asses," she mumbled.

.. ... ...

Ronnie did her Best to look around the packed room. She had ended up at some underground closed off place that you could miss easily.

The sight was horrible. All you could mostly see were the red eyes. Niggas were sprawled out on the chairs and floor wide eyed. Some were laughing way too loud to themselves.

"This isn't no smoke fest this is a fucking crazy House. Y'all go to shit like this on a regular? "she asked.

Terai nodded.

"You gotta be Jasmine's friend, "Ronnie said shaking her head.

"Speaking of her, you see her yet."

"Nah. I'll keep looking. "

They spent a good fifteen minutes searching the whole place.

"There she go! "Terai yelled pointing at Jasmine in the middle of a group of people.

"The fuck is she doing? "

"She's doing the pull." Terai stated.

"The pull? "

"Yeah Every year someone does the pull. The shit was so strong that it drove the guy fucking crazy. I'm talking crazy House crazy. " Terai laughed.

When Ronnie stepped away to go to Jasmine Terai grabbed her arm stopping Her.

"Leave her alone it's all in good fun. "

Ignoring her Ronnie made her way over to Jasmine and grabbed her by her shirt.

"Get the fuck Up. "

The small crowd around her erupted in boos.

"The fuck do you want?!"Jasmine said pissed.

"I swear to God if you'on get the fuck Up Right now I'll break my fist in yo face. I said get up. " Ronnie said gritting her teeth.

Jasmine stood up and yanked her shirt out of her grip.

When they made it a good Distance outside Jasmine scolded at her.

"What the fuck is your problem?"

"My problem is you being a frigging dumb ass,"Ronnie angrily shoved Her backwards, "You gon sit around and smoke weed and shit with a bunch a niggas you ain't even know? They could put some messed up shit in it that can fuck you up forever. "

By now she had Jasmine up against the wall, "But yo ass too dumb to realize it. Yo stupid best friend could care less about what could happen to you. "

"And you do? Because you sure never seemed like you did. "Jasmine responded.

Ronnie didn't reply instead she just stared at her. Jasmine was challenging her with her eyes.

"Fuck off me," Jasmine spat.

"Cool, "Ronnie mumbled stepping backwards .

"Wait. "

Pulling her back by her arm Jasmine took a risk by placing a kiss on her cheek.

"Thanks. "

Ronnie coughed .

"It's cool. "