Memories

Angie's POV
When I saw the guys in the tub I freaked out but I didn't expect Melody to do what she did.
"Woah. Let's clam down." Paco says coming out the bathroom.
"Who do you work for?" Melody ask pointing a gun at Alex and another at Paco.

Where she get the guns? I don't know. How she got it? Probably from her dad. She looks like she getting ready to bust a cap and the worst part is that our parents won't be back from work until 9 pm.

"Babe, put the guns down." I say to Melody while pushing her arms down.
"We don't work for anyone." Paco says.
"We wouldn't hurt you." Alex says holding out his hand.
"I can't. Babe, I want you to hide this. You're gonna need it. Hide it. And trust me. Okay." Melody says handing me a gun.
"I'm sorry." She whispers into my ears as she gives me a hug. Then she ran.
"Melody! Stop!" I yell as I hear the screen door slam shut.
I fall to my knees. I feel like my dad has walked out on my again. She coming back. I start to cry as I remember that I would tell myself that when my father left.

"Maria, I'm going to the store." My dad says.
"Can I come with you. I want to pick out some chips. Please." I say.
"Just tell me which ones you want."
"Hot chettos. Not the ones with lemon. Okay."
"Okay, baby. Not the ones with lemon." He says as he gives me a hug.
I start to watch teen titans go again. I get up when the episode is done. I start looking for my mom. She's not in the kitchen. Not in the bathroom. She's not in the bedroom. Then I hear her and someone else.
"Hey, baby it's going to be okay." I look out the window and see a women hugging my mom.

"Hi. I'm Angie." I say to the women.
"Hi Angie. I'm Crystal. I want you to meet someone." She looks down behind her legs and tells someone something.
"Come on. Go say hi."
I look around Crystal's legs and see a little girl. As tall as me. She looks my age. She pretty. And she looks shy.
"Hi. I'm Angie." I say to her.
"Hi. I'm Melody." She says to me as she starts to get from behind her moms legs.
"How old are you?" I ask.
"Four." She says holding up four fingers.
"Me too."
"Can you be my fwiend?" She asks me.
"Yeah. When my dad comes home do you want some chips?"
"Yes, please."
"You want to watch The Little Mermaid."
Melody nods her head.

Yup. That's how we became best friends. I feel tears roll down my eyes. Someone grabs me and hugs me. While I'm hoping Melody came back, I know this isn't her.
"It's okay," Paco says as he rubs my back, "everything's going to be okay."

I look up to see where Alex is. He's gone. I think he went after Melody. I should be going after Melody. I wipe my tears and get up. Paco looks worried, but I'm not the one to be worrying about.
"Where's Alex?"
"He went after Melody but he can't find her. She's fast."
"I know. But I think I know where she might be. Come on. Text Alex to come back." I say as I  grab a regular shirt.

Paco and I are waiting for Alex outside. When we see him he looks all tired. And just as I suspected all sweaty. I give him the t-shirt I grabbed and tell him to put it on. When's he done we start walking.
"So, where are we going? Cuz we going in the wrong direction. She ran that way." He says pointing east.
"We going to the library. Which is this way." I say pointing west.
"Why would she be at a library?" He ask.
"You know for a stocker, you don't know much about your victim." I say.
"We aren't stockers." Paco says.
"Really?" I say raising an eyebrow.
"So, why the library?" Alex ask.
"It's her safe place. We used to go there a lot. When we were younger. Before things were complicated." I say.
"So, if you knew where she was why are you bringing us with you?" Paco ask.
"If you walk in there alone, everything goes bad. If you're a 11-17 year old."
"What do you mean?" Alex ask.
"You walk in there alone. It's horrible. For you."
"But Melody walked in there alone." Paco says pointing out the obvious. He should get an award for stating the obvious.