Enemies

Paco POV

I think we all noticed Melody flinch when she saw Ricardo walk through the door.
"Late again Ricardo." Ms Hinds said without looking up.
"You already know. I had a long night. Aight that right Precious." He said walking in.
"I don't know what you do at night. But I would like to find out." Precious says back.
I look over at Melody who's head is down. She's not looking up, as if she doesn't want him to recognize her.

"Take a seat Ricardo."
"There are none Ms."
"Yes, there is one right there and over there in the corner." Ms. Hinds says pointing at two open seats. One next to Melody and one on the far side of the room next to Lizbeth.
"Once Ricardo takes his seat you all may talk."

Ricardo starts to walk over to the desk Melody is at. He pulls out the seat next to her, during this action he doesn't take his eyes off of her. Melody doesn't pick up her head, she keeps it down. Right when he sits down Melody is gets up and walks to Ms. Hinds desk. She asked her a question and then is out the class.

"Aye, Denilson. Ariel."
"Ricardo." Ariel says while Denilson only gives him a nod of the head.
"Who was that girl?"
The guys start laughing. "You'll know soon enough."

The bell rings and we all go to first period. It's ironic how we all have the same classes. During passing period I see Angie. I walk up to her.
"Hey baby girl." I whisper into her ear while pulling her by the waist. "Why were you not in homeroom."
"Because I came late to school. Can't you put anything together. Stop." She says while trying to remove my hands from her waist.
I turn her around and pin her to the locker, "you keep telling me to stop but your eyes keep telling me to keep going."
Angie bits the bottom of her lip which is a total turn on for me. I grab her by the face, knowing that if I don't she'll try to pull away, and kiss her. I don't want to stop until she pushes me and says, "Stop we are going to be late to first period."
"Since when do you care about your attendance?" I ask holding her hand while walking to class. She giggles and we walk to class.

The tardy bell rings and our history teacher Mr. Guti starts to take roll.
"Okay so your warm up and then we'll take the quiz." He says five minutes into the class.
"Also, Ricardo you have a new desk. You are going to be sitting next to someone who is also late on work. But I know she'll get it done before you and then you'll be sitting by yourself again."

—Knock knock—

Mr. Guti opens the door and Melody walks in. I look at Angie who has taken a sharp breathe and is staring at Melody. After about three seconds she looks over at Ricardo who is already texting someone.
"Ricardo raise your hand. You'll be sitting next to him. And Ricardo can you explain the work to her." Mr. Guti says before walking to his desk and finish taking roll.

I notice that Melody walks super slow to her desk she is staring at Ricardo like he's going to do something to her. Angie is staring at Melody who is staring back at Ricardo. She takes the seat next to him and sits as far away from her seat partner as she can.
"You take out your computer—"
"I can figure this out by myself." Melody cuts him off and is working very hard. She doesn't talk to anyone the whole period and is focused on her work.

Angie's POV

The last time I saw her, she didn't have a cut in her eyebrow. She didn't have bruises on her hands. She wearing long sleeves so I'm assuming she has cuts and scars on her arms. The last time I saw her was when I told them to put her in the car. Well actually that was the last time I saw her face without a scar.

A month ago

Once Melody was put into to car my dad told me to go with my cousins. Well I really didn't have a choice. Because one of my tios drugged me and the carried me to the car. Once I was in two of my cousins got into the car.

"I'm so sorry. But this is a test. I know you can't move but I know you can hear and blink. Blink once if you can hear me." He says to me. If he wasn't my cousin I would totally flirt but I don't do insects so I'm okay. I blink once letting him know I can hear him.

"Okay. I'm Ricardo and this is Jay." He says. Ricardo has nice green eyes, brownish hair, that is shaved at the sides and straight on the top. He is a light brown skin tone and tall with a piercing on his left ear and a tattoo right behind his left ear. Jay has light blue eyes, he is tall and he's a light tone of brown. Both of them are not ugly. 

"Look in an hour you should be able to move and talk. It'll be like a dream if you fall asleep." Jay says to me. I close my eyes and I fall into a good sleep.

I wake up when I noticed the car stopped and a lot of commotion was going on. I look around and see Jay standing outside and Ricardo on top of someone. My hands are tied together behind the seat.

Wtf is going on. Angie calm down these are your cousins they will never do anything to hurt you.

I take a few breaths to calm myself. I see Ricardo kick someone as hard as he could. I sit up to see who it is. I can't believe it. I start to squirm and try to untie my hands. My eyes start to pour tears when I realized I couldn't help her. Jay opens the door and jumps in the back seat. Ricardo jumps in the car and takes off.

"Stop the car. Stop the fucken car.!!" I tell trying to free my hands.
Ricardo pulls over and unties my hands. I open the door and run back towards her. When I am a few feet away from the car, Jay grabs me and pushes me down.
"Get off of me." I say trying to get up.
"Look, we had to do that. We needed to know that you wouldn't try to help her. And you didn't." Jay says as Ricardo gets out the car and is now helping me get up.

They don't know that I was asleep when we got there. They don't know I woke up towards the end.
"Why did you tie me?" I say between tears.
"To make sure you really couldn't help her." He looks at me with a 'duh' face expression. "Why are you crying? You such a fucken pussy. She is your enemy. Get that through your head." Jay says.
I don't know what triggered it but I lost it. I ran to him and pushed him as hard as I could. Luckily for me he fell. Once he was on the floor I started pounding on him. I didn't stop until Ricardo took me off of him.

"You don't know her. She is not part of a gang." I say my eyes watering as Jay stands up.
"That may be so, but her father and yours are enemies." He says holding his eye.
"Me and her are not our parents Jay. My and her father left when we were just kids. That piece of my heart and hers that was taken when we were young, was filled by our friendship. She is the reason I am who I am today." I say to him.
"That explains why you are so weak." Jay says walking into the car.

I hurts so much.
"We can trust you now. Don't try to got all mighty on us now. We saw you sit through and watch her get beaten. We know where your loyalty stands." Ricardo says getting into the car. Once I'm done crying I get into the car.

I don't like Jay not one bit. Ricardo is cool. I understand that this is all he knows how to do. But I'll teach him that we don't have to live the way our parents did. We don't have to make the same choices. I made him enroll in school once i didn't see Melody for a week. I assumed she transferred out but she didn't and now they are sitting next to each other. Bad combination. While I was doing my work I see Ricardo shift. I turn my head and see him whispering something to Melody. I can't see her face but I know this isn't going to end well.

A/n sorry it was short.