Snowflake

Context: In this reality everyone has the first words that their soulmate will say to them tattooed on their wrists.

You were sitting in STAR Labs drumming your fingers on the table when an alarm started going off on Cisco's computer, and everyone started to try and figure out what was wrong.

"What is it?" Caitlin asked, coming out of her lab to see what the threat was.

Barry stood in front of the computer randomly pressing buttons, trying to make the noise stop.

Chuckling, you walked over to them and gently pushed Barry out of the way.

"Here, let me." You said, clicking a few buttons and bringing up a message, telling you that the criminal Captain Cold would be at a ball tonight, robbing the building of its fancy items, the nice cars of the guests, and, if they had time, the expensive jewellery straight from the guests' wrists.

You, Barry and Caitlin all shot each other worried glances. Trying to lighten the mood, Barry smiled at you, and linked his arm through yours.

"Find your best dress, Y/N, looks like we're going to a ball."

*******

A few hours later, you walked into STAR Labs in a long, flowing light blue dress.

As you walked in, Barry looked you up and down, shocked.

"You look different." He finally managed to say.

"Is it that bad?" You asked nervously, holding the sides of the dress and looking down.

"No!" He shouted quickly, startling you. "No. You look beautiful. Like a snowflake."

At his words, you glanced down at your wrist, which held your soulmates first words to you. You'd always liked Barry, and hoped he would be the one. But that's the closest he'd ever come to saying your words.

Blushing, you both looked down until Cisco coughed, bringing you back to reality.

"We've got a job to do, remember?" He laughed, walking over to you and poking you in the arm.

Looking back up and smiling confidently at him, you took a deep breath.

"Let's do this."

******

As you walked into the event, you scanned the area around you, looking for anyone that seemed suspicious. Most people had brought a date with them, and those who hadn't sat alone at the bar, so you figured you'd join them so as to fit in.

Asking the bartender to get you a glass of water, you moved your bag so that it sat in your lap. When he brought you your drink, you thanked him and started to sip it, looking over the top of the glass at the people around you.

No one knew what Captain Cold looked like, so unless he actually came and told you who he was, there was no way you would be able to recognise him before he robbed the place, but there was a small chance that somehow you might find something out. Even if you didn't, you would be here for when he decided to rob the place, and would hopefully be able to stop him before he did anything major, like killing someone. You were hopeful, at least.

As you scanned the crowd, a man slid into the bar stool next to you and smiled. You could see him out of the corner of your eyes, but you deliberately ignored him, hoping he'd leave you alone to solve your mystery.

He looked you up and down as you stood up, planning to go sit somewhere else.

"Hello snowflake." He finally said, and you froze, eyes widening.