The mail

I took the grey owls mail first since it had a package. Inside was some art my mom made (it was her hobby when she wasn't busy as a dentist) and a carving from my dad that I got when I was 8.
My mum always approved of my magic more than my dad. Mom was a squibb, her mom was a witch and her dad was a muggle; Of course, the magic just HAD to not infest her. I was an oddball in my family, in the muggle world, and also in the wizarding one; somethings never change, do they. At least I have friends at Hogwarts...

///Flashback///
"Mom, Mom, Mom!!! Guess What, Guess What, Guess What!!!" I said so excited(ly? idk) that if I were a rocket, I would be on the moon in a few seconds.
"What dearest?" My mom asked.
"I just got this book off the top shelf by looking at it! Isn't that brilliant?" I said/asked still very elated. "Oh yes dear very brilliant..." My mom mumbled. "Wait WHAT!!!" She screamed.
"I allready told you... I got it off the to-" I was cut off by mom.
"Honey!!! Honey com'ere! NOW!!!" Mom yelled to dad.
"What, what is it?" my dad asked looking concerned; he looked at me, then at the book.
"What? How did she...? Huh?" he said confused. "You know why; I told you this might happen... and look; It did." my mom said.

///End flashback///
It was that day I learned that I was a witch. One of the most important days of my life. The grey owl had a letter still attached to it. It read...

Hermione Granger,
On behalf of the ministry, your muggle parents left everything to you in their wills; these are small tokens that you inherited from a great sum of things. You shall have everything you inherited in the muggle house, except for the money, which is in the bank. We suggest that due to your current housing status you find a flat, apartment, or some sort of living arrangement that you can live in during your time away from Hogwarts, while the ministry figures out who carried out the attack.
With best wishes, Natasha Greenberg, Department of magical housing.

(hey guys sorry I haven't updated, we were by the lake for a few weeks, and when we got back our router broke, so we had to get that fixed, and then our house got broken in to, and my computer that I write this on was stolen, so a bad few weeks)

(end letter) Oh wow...It had been obvious that Voldemort and the death eaters carried out the attack, the ministry refused to believe Harry, even though the bloody dark mark was casted over my house, the ministry kept the papers silent, they acted like a petulant child covering its ears and screaming "I can't hear you." Sigh. Time for the black owl. I opened the letter that had an unfimilar black wax seal that had the letter "R" pressed into it. It read...

My dearest Hermione,
We shall be blunt, you are adopted...

(letter stopped) My heart froze...What...I continued

We shall not reveal what your real name is...but we shall tell you when we see you again. You probably have no clue who we are, what we do, or what we look like...but we love you, even though we do not know you. We do know that you are smart, top of your class, and therefore we are proud of you, after all, knowledge is power. We may not have the same beliefs, and we might disagree on many different things, but always know that we love you, and in due time you might see things our way. ps. this owl's name is "Terror" it is a gift to you, Terror knows the way to us, just tell her to go home.
Your mystery parents.

(End letter)