Jealousy

Draco's pov
---------------
It was 5 days before the upcoming hijinx festival, and everyone was excited to get the day off for it. Snape and I both reported that Hermione Riddle would most likely make an appearance. The incident involving the amortentia kept the air between Hermione and I feeling sticky and awkward. I can't figure out why I smelled her in the potion. Her. Only her. No one else, nothing else, just her. I didn't think that I desired her, did I? If someone candidly asked me if I liked her, I wouldn't be able to find it in me to refute the statement. Hermione was one of the only people who could match me in wit, and in style, and our chemistry was in synch with one another. It was morning herbology, which meant a calm start to the day, only if weasel wasn't in the class with us. He had a nack for turning any situation sour, and being utterly annoying to anyone he was in the room with. In short, I hated Ron weasley, from his freckled face, to his ginger hair; how he figured a way to become friends with Granger and Potter, I would never know, especially with his stupid head. And yet here I am, in morning herbology, harshly gripping scissors to cut the wild dragon snap of its leaves, and weasley next to me, shouting wild orders in my ear. I muttered a curse under my breath, and suddenly weaslebees ears started to puff up. The whole class turned towards the deranged ginger and several turned towards me with their eyebrows raised.
"10 points from Slytheri; Mr malfoy you know better!" professor sprout shouted, clearly done with my antics.
"Take him to madam pomfrey, and see to it that hes taken care of." I sighed and led the barking weasley out of the greenhouse. As we left the classroom I stole a glance at Hermione, she simply stared at me with a raised brow and an amused smile on her lips. She shook her head and looked back down at the plant. When weasley and I reached the Medical Ward, madam pomfrey escorted weasley to a bed. He laid there, moaning in pain because of the swelling of his freckled ears. Next to him laid a Hufflepuff quidditch player, his leg was at an odd angle, probably a broken leg. Madam Pomfrey glared at me, and shoved a tonic into my hands.
"When he wakes up make sure he drinks this, it will taste like toadstools, but nonetheless make sure he drinks ALL OF IT!" I grimaced, even if I hated Weasley, I didn't want him to drink something that tasted like toadstools.
"I must attend to Jeoffry over here. Tsk tsk tsk, Hufflepuffs just keep getting more and more reckless , soon they'll be griffindors!" She left the medi wing to gather supplies and seek an audience with Dumbledore, while I was left to tend to weasel.
"fuck off you slimy git." The ginger moaned as I shoved the healing draught in his face. I smirked at him.
"such strong language by someone taken down by a slight swelling hex." he glared at me and cursed me out some more while I looked down at his rather large ears, knowing that I had won this round. I sat down in a chair next to his bed and decided to delve deeper into the mind of Hermione Riddle.
"so what's up with you and Granger? What's she like to be around?" he looked up at me, confusion written all over his face.
"what's it to you?!"
"I'm just trying to take your mind off of the pain since you won't drink the potion." he accepted the notion and started to describe his smartest friend.
"she is nice sometimes, but she is really scary when you interrupt her studying...and she also seems pretty distant nowadays, probably with that secret and all." he told me.
"You realise I was there right? I know the whole thing. Does that mean you and Granger are a couple now?"
"I KNEW IT!!! YOU ARE A DEATHEATER!!!" everyone in the ward looked over at us.
"Quiet down Mr Weasley! And apologize to Mr Malfoy, do not make such accusations!" Madam Pomfrey said while looking over at me. Weasley glared at me and mumbled a sorry.
"You still didn't answer the question."
"what question? Me and Hermione? GOD NO! She and I are just friends! I'm dating Lavender Brown." he said proudly. I rolled my eyes, lavender was a slut, but hey, she fit with weasley, the man whore, just fine. With that I set the potion on the table and walked out of the medi wing.
Hermione Riddle liked me, and I like her too. So why haven't I done anything about it yet? Then Why did I hate the thought of her being chummy with weasel so much? But most importantly, how do I make sure she comes to the festival?