The Hijinx Festival

WARNING THIS CHAPTER HAS BRIEF MENTION OF SEXUAL ASSAULT, BUT NOTHING EXPLICIT! PLEASE DO NOT READ IF EASILY TRIGGERED!

Hermione's pov
////////////////
I awoke shivering because my blankets were bundled up on the floor. Today was the trip to hogsmeade.
"Hey mione!" Parvati said while yawning loudly.
"Incendio." I said, lighting the furnace in the dorm. I yawned and wrapped my cold covers around my shivering body.
"Hi parvati." I said as I slumped back into bed.
"What time is it?" The voice of lavender brown asked as I yawned.
"I don't know, let me check....1:30....ONE THIRTY!" I yelled and rushed off to claim the bathroom first. Hogsmeade trip would leave at 3:00 sharp. I took a quick warm shower and dried myself off with a spell, and quickly did my makeup and put on my outfit.
"All that for cormac?" ginny asked as Lavender claimed the bathroom. Ginny was already dressed and ready to leave wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt, her winter coat draped over her arm.
"Well it's kind of for someone else..."
"Who?!"
"I'll tell you as we walk down to the entrance." I said and pulled her out of the common room and down the stairs.
"Well?! Who?"
"Draco."
"Malfoy?!" I shushed her as a group of 7th years passed us.
"Yes. Yesterday he asked me to the valentines soirée." I whispered to her but she let out an inhuman squeal of delight.
"Awe! But it isn't till next month!"
"I know, but we already know the date of the dance, it's going to be on the 14th."
"We need to get you a dress! And shoes! And makeup! And-"
"Ginny, I think you're more excited about it than I am!"  I laughed and elbowed her side.
"I assume that you will be attending with Harry?" I said and it was her turn to blush a shade of crimson.
"Maybe....."
"Come on ginny, let's pick a carriage. I'm meeting cormac at the three broomsticks at 7:00 when the festival starts but we can eat lunch and shop before that." I said as we boarded a carriage with a certain platinum blonde.
"Hello Luna!" I said to the whimsical blonde.
"Hullo Hermione, Ginny." She said and continued to read the quibbler.
"Would you like to join us for lunch and shopping?" Ginny asked. Luna was a dear friend of ours ever since we started the DA.
"That would be nice thank you. What are you shopping for?"
"Dresses for the soirée next month."
"I hope Umbridge won't cancel it." I told them in a hushed voice.
"So what if she does? We still have the room of requirement." Ginny said nonchalantly.
"Fair enough." I said and the three of us exited the carriage.
"Where to first?" Luna asked in a dreamy voice.
"Well I was thinking we would have late lunch at the three broomsticks first, then we would just shop until 7:00" I said and we walked to the three broomsticks.
"Ah miss granger!" Madam Rosmerta exclaimed as we walked in. "I had someone inquiring about you but he left just before you got here!"
"Who?" I asked, hoping that it wasn't a death eater sent to kidnap me again.
"A boy about your age, yay high, dirty blonde hair, names crow-Mack?"
"Cormac." I said in a sigh of relief.
"That's right, cormac. Now right this way ladies!" She said and sat us at a table for three.
"Three butterbeers, chicken and chips for me, Ginny, Luna?"
"I'll have fish and chips."
"Nothing for me, already had lunch you see, just the butterbeer." Luna told madam Rosmerta. She soon came back with our orders and we finished our lunch.
"So where to?" I asked ginny as we idly walked around the village.
"Galdrags! We need dresses!" She said and pulled me and Ginny into the deserted dress shop. We tried on dresses until we got ones that we liked, mine being a ruffled pink dress. (An: think of it like dress she wears at the Yule ball in the movie not the book)
"It's 5:13 can we stop in honey dukes before we stop at Zonkos?" So it was decided, and we spent the rest of our day visiting shops and idly mulling around the village until the clock hit 7:00 and I parted ways with Ginny and Luna.
I entered the three broomsticks, which was much more crowded than usual, and spotted my date, the Draco Malfoy of Gryffindor House, Cormac McClaggen. He waved me over, and I pulled up a chair. He undoubtedly looked very handsome, but he was also an arrogant airhead, not my type at all. I did like his hair though, I always did have a thing for blondes, but usually platinum blondes. Platinum blondes were my favorite, especially if they weren't as muscular as cormac, have a slight superiority complex, and have steel gray eyes. Wait. But I'm describing Draco Malfoy.
"HERMIONE." Cormac said and snapped me out of my thoughts. "I know that I'm handsome, but I was asking if you wanted to go and deliver our potions to professor snape?"
"right! Do you know where he is?"
"I think he's making us meet in front of Locke and Key so the crowd won't get hurt by the firework potions."
"we have to go down that creepy alley? Okay..." I said as we got up to leave. He grabbed my arm and led me down the twisting lantern lit alley. "Are you sure Professor Snape wanted us to meet here? I thought he wanted us to meet at the old apothecary?" I said as the sun began to set, leaving a creepy atmosphere in the deserted alley. Suddenly he stopped and gave me a predatory grin. I instinctively stepped away from him as he drew closer to me.
"Cormac?" I inquired as he blocked my exit with his arm. He said nothing as he closed the space between our bodies.
"You know Hermione, I find you very pretty, in fact I smelled you in my amortentia, too bad you didn't eat the chocolates I sent you, it would have made this so much easier." He said, his eyes filled with malice. I placed my hands between our bodies and thought back to the chocolates he sent me last week. Luna in fact had warned me not to eat them Because they contained tektars, tiny bugs that made you sick when ingested, and thankfully I humored her and vanished the chocolates.
———————-WARNING————————
"Cormac listen, I know that you fancy me, but I don't reciprocate the feelings." I said and struggled in his suffocating grip. He laughed in my fact and tried to snog me against the wall. I struggled against him, but his brawn beat mine and pinned my arms against the wall. I could feel myself start to hyperventilate as tears streamed down my face.
"HELP! SOMEONE HEL-"
"Silencio." He said and resumed kissing my jaw and leaving unwanted hickeys on my neck. I couldn't help but feel utterly defeated as he forced himself against me. I squeezed my eyes shut, trying to distract myself from his assault. I felt his hands move over my body and reach under my blouse and grope me. What if no one found me? What if he did something much worse? What was he doing? Why was he doing this? Why won't he stop? I wanted him to stop. Why won't he stop? STOP. I WANT HIM TO STOP! MAKE HIM STOP! PLEASE STOP!
————————END———————
And then as if my prayers were answered, he stopped. Did I stop him? I opened my eyes to see Cormac lying on the ground clutching his jaw as Draco Malfoy, like the savior he was, looked over him with a look of pure hatred. But Cormac got back up as if nothing happened and shoved Draco back against the wall. Cormac socked Draco and blood hushed from his nose. Draco punched Cormac right back and Cormac stumbled backwards, Draco punched Cormac once more and he fell to the ground. Draco continued to kick Cormac, who was now curled into a ball protecting his head.
"MISTER MALFOY WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!" Professor McGonnagal screeched as she rushed to Cormacs aid, followed by Snape.
"Professor please, he was assaulting Hermione!" Draco said I stood speechless staring at my would be rapist.
"Miss Granger is this true?" She asked and I pursed my lips and gave a silent nod. I jumped as Draco put a hand on my shoulder.
"Hey it's okay, it's over now." He said and I spooked down at my shaking hands. He wrapped his slytherin robe around my trembling body.
"Miss Granger, Mister Malfoy, if you could please come to the castle to sort this out." Snape drawled and we followed them to the carriage and McGonnagal levitated the unconscious body of Cormac onto the carriage. The ride to the castle was silent but loud with tension.
"Candy Apple." Snape said and we walked up the winding staircase, he explained the situation to Dumbledore who contacted both Malfoys and Cormacs parents.
"Enervate." McGonnagal said and tapped her wand against the body of Cormac. He shot up and gazed around the room full of disapproving glares.
"Your parents will arrive shortly, please take a seat." He said with a dark look in his eye directed at Cormac. I also took note that he didn't offer a lemon drop to us as we sat down. Just then the empty fireplace revealed the McClaggen matriarch who looked very important and snobbish. Her heels clacked against the tile as she walked over to her son, she gave me a look of disgust before turning to the fireplace once more. Suddenly Lucius and Narcissa Malfoy appeared from the green flames with stone expressions. They moved to the other side of the room behind Dracos chair and glared at Mrs. McClaggen who glared right back at them.
"Let's begin, shall we?"