Jiraiya, The Understanding Geezer

Cr: art from IG; naruto.loves

Writing this chapter make me realize how much I loved these two in NS, Jiraiya, and Naruto. Also, how hurt both Naruto and Tsunade were when they found out about Jiraiya's death.

Jiraiya and Tsunade were supposed to be together in the series but they couldn't so here in my fiction, they are. They deserve to be together.

PS; I loved Tsunade's relationship with Naruto too. Eh, I think I love everyone with Naruto but only with Sasuke as a lover.😌

---🌙☀️🌙---
"How is thing going with your research, geezer?" Naruto asked while leaning against the sliding door frame of their Japanese-style tea room.

"You sure you want to hear about that?" Jiraiya said with a playful expression on his face.

"Didn't you say it was boring when you were little?"

"Well, I don't mind you telling me what is the result up until now but I would really appreciate it if you don't."

"This gaki (brat)." Jiraiya berated endearingly.

                  Naruto just smiled at that comment, he just realize how much he missed his old man just when he called him "gaki".

"For you to come back home means you have made progress, right?" Naruto said while sitting down in front of Jiraiya.

"I am glad."

"You missed me, aren't you?" Jiraiya said, laughing faintly.

                   For a researcher like him, getting time alone with family was limited because they have to devote their time to the project. That's why he feels a slight pain whenever he comes back and meets his family, the only two people that he cherished in this world. Their smile make him sadder because he knew that was just a cover to hide what they really feel. They missed him so much but they were still smiling because they respect his choice. They didn't want him to worry.

"Geez, why would I miss an old geezer like you?"

"Gaki, you are not being honest." Jiraiya ruffled the golden locks of Naruto adorably.

"Where is Tsunade anyway?"

                   Suddenly Naruto's expression become serious, there was nothing left of that joker's face from a second back anymore.

"She is in her workroom."

"Ah this woman, work over me again." Jiraiya joked.

                    If anything was similar between them, it's that they both prepare work over each other but it doesn't mean that they don't love each other.

"No, she just wants to give us the time we need." Naruto said even though he know Jiraiya was joking.

                    He knew very well how much Tsunade treasured the time she spent with her playful husband, this old geezer in front of him. They may look as though they didn't care but Naruto knew how eager they were to see each other, touch each other and feel the warmth of each other.

'Guess they long each other as I long for Sasuke.'

"Why get so serious suddenly?" Although he has seen it for quite a while now Jiraiya said so to make the environment delightful.

"So, what do you want to talk about?"

                    Thousand of drums were playing in Naruto's heart, it pounded so crazily that it was being painful for him to even breathe. He was fearing out of his mind. Tsunade accepted him, Sasuke accepted him, maybe not that much yet but still and which will be Jiraiya's reaction?