[ chapter 1 ] New Life

•EDITED•

Author's POV:

Sohye looked through the window out into the sky that was filled with stars.

She missed her friends so much that she even couldn't sleep the other night. Her best friend Sejeong was the only friend she ever had. And now she had no one. She was alone since she had to move.

Sohye had other friends but Sejeong was not like others. She was a friend who was like an older sister, a teacher, and a partner in crime to go through everything.

It was 1:30 am when she looked at her school dress with a gloomy mood. "Why didn't I refuse to transfer here to Seoul..." She thought for a moment.

She shook her head and slapped her cheek and said to herself, "get rid of all the negative things think about good things." With that, she went back to sleep.

FIVE HOURS LATER...

Firstly the loud piercing sound of her alarm woke her up but she was too lazy to wake up.

Then her mom knocked at the door, went near her and shook her shoulders but she still didn't want to wake up.

Finally, her mother lost it and stood near her ear and yelled, "KIM SOHYE WAKE UP!" She was startled and she fell down on her back. She groaned and rubbed her pounding back.

"Go back to sleep again and I'll confiscate your phone for two weeks," her mom warned, and left her there.

Sohye sighed. Then she kicked her legs in the air and groaned.

When she finished washing up and got ready, she went down to the kitchen where her brother (who was a well-known cutie) was sitting and eating porridge.

She went near him and hit him on the back of his head softly. Her brother was only four years old and was playing with his food. Her mom placed her breakfast that was pancakes with maple syrup and cream drizzled over the top.

[E/N: sorry to interrupt but, yum yum~ gimme gimme gimme that! Come on~ gimme gimme gimme that~ okay I'll see myself out]

When she finished her breakfast her mother took her to the new school.

In the car, she was discussing her schedule with her mother when suddenly her mom had to stop the car to take a call.

It was her childhood best friend, and her mom seemed excited to meet her again after so long.

Looks like she'd been invited over for lunch.

Sohye's POV:

We reached the new school. I didn't want to get off the car but mom was nagging me so I had to get off.

I looked up and couldn't believe my eyes. The school was so big and beautiful. There was a large campus and many statues and the school was so clean.

I noticed that some of the students were staring at me and whispering both positive and negative stuff to each other.

Then mom waved me goodbye from the car window and after she left I went to find the principal's office to let him know that a new transfer student has come.

When I reached the office door a teacher which I assumed to be a coach in this school showed me the way to the principal's office. I knocked at the door and saw the principal smiling at me and he told me to sit down. I did as he said.