3

Monday morning came and my dad just flew back to California just a few hours ago. I rub my sleepy eyes, trailing to Harry's office. His door was wide open, so I just walk in and plop on the couch. I rest my head in my hands while images of the other night flash through. I still can't believe my dad and Monique.

"Rylee, is everything okay?" Harry asks and I look up at him and he was sitting at his desk.

"No," my eyebrow twitches. "I found my best friend in bed with my dad. She was with my fucking dad, Harry!"

"Yeah, I never expected that." he simply says.

"That's who she was sneaking off with and the reason for her behavior back then." I cover my face from embarrassment. "She sat there while I cried over my mom and the divorce then that same night she fucking snuck out to sleep with my dad." I say, getting angry all over again. "I can't believe I actually said that. I-I'm going to be sick." I put my hand over my mouth.

"Please go for the bathroom if you are." Harry stands up from his seat, gesturing the door.

"Are you serious right now?"

"I'm sorry, I really don't know what to say." he shrugs. "You don't know the whole story between them."

"B-but my dad and my best friend." I point out. "If there's a story then I do not want to know because it's just-"

"Wrong?" he finishes my sentence. "Where have I heard that one before? Alec didn't want to listen to our story and now look where we're at. Even though he's not the only thing that got in between us, I believe we could have at least still been friends."

"W-we can,"

Harry shakes his head. "No we can't because after this summer, I'm sure to stop all connections with you."

"You're just going to get rid of everything we have to stay in contact?" I ask and he nods.

"I shouldn't have picked up last night."

"But you did," I say, leaning back. "Quite fast too."

"I- I was worried is all." he rubs the back of his head. "After the news of the pregnancy loss and seeing how emotional you got about it-"

"Please, let's not bring it up." I close my eyes and bite my bottom lip. "It's just like everything else. Let it be forgotten and never bring it up again, okay?"

"Okay," he says softly, reaching behind him to grab the notebook. "We can work on the workout plan then." he walks over to me and sits next to me.

I tense up when our knees touch and I scoot away a bit. This was actually the most he has ever spoken to me since I've gotten back. The most he's spoken about something that's not related to volleyball anyway. I sit up straight, looking down at the workout plan already written on the paper.

"You did a plan already?"

"No, Liam did it before he left for his vacation leave." he tells me, setting the notebook in my lap. "He said it's a suggestion, so you can take a different approach for the day."

Harry points at one of the workouts and I notice something different. A golden ring wrapped around his ring finger. I stare at it and completely tone out his voice. His hand quickly goes away and he takes the ring off, putting it in his pocket.

"You got a ring."

"I already had it." he says nervously. "I had it on a chain, but Caroline wants me to wear it on my finger from now on."

"You just took it off though." I point out.

"You seemed distracted." he tells me. "Now are we done with the interrogation so we can continue with the plan for the day?" he stands up.