19

I sat at the dining table with my fingers tangled in my hair as I stared at the math equation on the laptop screen. I groan, dropping my head to rest it on the table. The door opens and Kourtney walks in talking to someone behind her. I immediately stand up when I see Harry walk in.

"Woah, it's stuffy in here." Kourtney says loudly.

"Thank god you're finally here."

"Finally?" Harry stifles out a laugh. "You called me only ten minutes ago."

"That exactly how long I've been stuck on this problem." I whine, grabbing his arm to pull him to my laptop. "I-I'm stressing out here because my exam is tomorrow and I have no idea what I'm doing. Math is so hard! I never understood it."

"Nice," he nods, frowning at me. "That's something a former teacher of yours wants to hear."

"That's right," Kourtney speaks up. "You had him for math. You're so lucky because I had Mrs. White and she was so annoying."

"I actually had Mrs. White for a few days." I tell her. "She was such a bitch."

"Right!" Kourtney laughs out, sitting with us at the table.

"Okay, I hope you didn't talk bad about me behind my back." Harry raises his eyebrows.

"Oh we did," Kourtney teases him. "I didn't have you as a teacher so I can't judge you on that, but when we were out on the court, you would be a little bitchy at times." she explains.

"That's the best way to coach." Harry argues.

"Was it?" Kourtney fires.

"You won playoffs, didn't you?"

"Okay guys, I need to study, so I can pass this." I step in, showing Harry the problem.

"You're actually a cool person off of court, coach." Kourtney winks at him as she stands up. "Well, I have to head out to meet up with Abby and Monique for– for lunch."

I stare at her blankly. "Please don't tell me you're planning another party."

"We're not planning another party." she smiles widely as she says it. I was about to argue, but she speaks before me. "Have fun studying!"

Kourtney walks out and I groan loudly, letting my head rest in my arms on the table. Soon, I feel Harry's fingers run through my hair smoothly then I turn my head to the side and smile up at him.

"Please help me pass." I beg.

"Of course, I'll always be here for you." he smiles warmly.

Harry leans down to kiss my cheek. He slowly pulls away as I lift my head to kiss his lips. I gently embrace his face and shifted in my seat to get closer to him. Suddenly, Harry pulls away and grabs a pencil nearby when he hears the doornob then Kourtney rushes in.

"Sorry, I know you don't want to be bothered because 'you want to pass'," she mocks with a little giggle. "But I forgot how cold it actually is and this jacket isn't much help." she sighs, gripping a thick coat resting on the back of the chair that Harry was sitting on. "Do you think Asher would mind if I borrowed his coat? I don't feel like digging in my closet."

"No, I don't think he would." I softly cough out, putting my chin in the palm of my hand and looked up at her.

"You kept Asher's coat? I thought you would've given everything back." Harry says glancing at the both of us with a slight smile. "Or– y'know, throw it away."

"Oh no, she just borrowed this from him the other night when one of his stupid friends decided to lead us to nowhere in the damn cold." Kourtney complains. "For a second, I thought you two were going to get back together. What happened?"