30

The candles had begun to burn out and the moonlight came right through the window I was staring out of. I played with my rings while my arm rested on my side. The thin sheets covering my bare body slightly moves when Harry scoots closer to wrap his arm around me. His hand slides up my body and slips under my hand. His thumb glides over the rings before he intertwines our hands then lifts them up.

"These look great on your hand." he says lowly in my ear then kisses my neck.

I put on a smile then move onto my back. Harry looks down at me with a comforting smile and I reach up to caress his cheek.

"I love you, Harry." I tell him as I sit up.

"Rylee, are you okay?" he questions as I slip into my underwear. "Where are you going?"

I grab his shirt and throw it over my shoulders. "The bathroom."

"Oh okay," he says with a nod. "The water isn't running, so the toilet won't flush." he informs me.

I walk up the stairs, feeling his eyes on me. I reach the bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. I have to tell him about the cancer because it hurts me every time he talks about the future when there might not even be one. I stare at myself for a while debating whether I should tell him or not.

"Baby, are you okay in there?" he asks through the door.

"Ye-yeah, I just-" I open the door and our eyes meet immediately. "I'm hungry."

"You realized that in the bathroom?" he chuckles, pulling me close to him.

"Well, you do a lot of thinking in here." I joke to lighten the mood I was in. "I'm just really hungry."

"Well, I don't think anything's open at this time but the gas station." he shrugs, leading the way back downstairs. "I'll make a quick stop for some snacks."

"I can come." I insist and he shakes his head.

"You can stay here." he assures me. "It's only down the street. I'll be fine, I promise." he kisses my forehead. I was going to give his shirt back, but he stops me. "I have a sweater in the car. Just lay down and rest because we're off for our honeymoon tomorrow and you'll need it." he smirks, sending a wink and I felt myself blush. I can't believe he still makes me feel like this.

"Get my favorite little cakes." I tell him as he grabbed his keys and headed for the door. "And I'd like some Sprite, but get water too."

"Alright," he laughs, pecking my lips. "How about you text me everything you want and I'll get it." he offers. "See you in a few, okay baby?"

I slightly nod, giving him more kisses before he left. I lock the door and watch him through the window until the car disappears. I heavily exhale as I make my way back to the bed. I sit in the middle, sending him a bunch of texts. Suddenly, he calls me when he gets to the gas station and tells me all the snacks they had. The house echoes with my giggles from all the jokes he was making.

We stay on the phone the entire time and he informs me the he was pulling up. I race to the window and see him park on the street. He continues to talk as he walks through the lawn with a big bag of snacks in his hands. He stops in his track then smiles at me.