27

The shiny diamond ring caught my attention from every angle. Since I left Northshore, all I've been doing was plan for this wedding. Plenty calls went through from both Monique and Harry.

Today, they were flying in for my graduation and I was very nervous. But graduation was far from my nerves. I hadn't told my dad nor my brother that I was marrying Harry. Also known as my former coach and teacher to my dad. He will find out later tonight during dinner which will be at a restaurant, so he'll less likely make a scene.

"Rylee, your brother is here!" Jen calls for me.

I make my way out of my room and meet two familiar faces.

"Aunt Rylee!" Jaxon jumps up and down, running over to wrap his arms around me.

"Jaxon, you grew bigger!" I gasp, smiling down at him. "I was only gone for a few weeks, you need to stop growing."

"Grandpa said I'll be taller than him one day." he says proudly. "I missed you!" he hugs me tightly once again. "Am I going to get my Christmas present now?"

I giggle at his cuteness, handing him the box that sat on the island. "Enjoy, bud."

"Where's mine?" Alec steps up.

"Nice to see you too." I playfully roll my eyes, pulling him into a hug. "How was lunch with dad?"

"Dad was very happy to see me, but he won't be later." Alec sucks in a sharp breath then shrugs when I give him a look of confusion. "He won't be too happy about this." he raises his left hand to reveal a shiny golden ring around his marriage finger.

I gasp, grabbing his hand. "Alec! What? When? How?"

"I'll give you the details later tonight at dinner." he chuckles at my reaction. "The two of you will meet her and you'll see just why I married her. Allison is great, right Jax?"

"Yes! I love Allison!" Jaxon exclaims.

I nod then remember who else was going to be there. "This is great!" I say out loud. "This news will probably throw mine under."

"Excuse me?"

"I have a couple more guests who will be joining us tonight." I tell him, walking away to my room.

"And that is?"

"Oh you know, Monique and–" I begin to cough out. "and Harry."

"Wait what?" Alec steps in front of me to stop me from path. "Harry? Harry from back home Harry?"

"Yes, he'll be joining is for dinner tonight."

"Are you back together with him? And you're going to tell dad about him?" he questions, not letting me move and I eagerly nod. "No, dad will be more angry about your news than mine."

I scoff, pushing passed him. "You're the one who got married without telling a word to anyone and we're just now meeting her tonight. That's a bomb in the face."

"That's a bomb in the face?" Alec laughs, plopping onto my bed. "The bomb that will do real damage is you telling him, 'Oh daddy, you remember my teacher Harry Styles? Well, now I'm screwing him.'."

"Shut up!" I squeal, throwing my pillow at his head. "Let's just say we're both delivering bad news tonight."

"Good luck to you then." Alec stands up from my bed about to head out. "I'll help myself to whatever's in you kitchen, okay? Okay."

-

I gave Harry advice about my dad the whole way to the restaurant. Monique had jumped in a few times which made me feel a bit uncomfortable. It made me rethink having her here even though it was too late.