✨burning desire ✨

Chapter nine

He held me in his arms and I felt like I was safe. No one could get to me. No one could hurt me or use me. My ear was against his chest. I could hear his steady heart beat. It was therapeutic to listen to. I closed my eyes focusing on the beats trying to keep all of the bad thoughts out of my mind. Soon my mind was shutting down and I was asleep.

When I awoke Frank's arms were still around me. I was happy he didn't leave. I don't think I could handle him being gone for a second. I know it sounds dramatic and clingy, but it's true. Could you blame me? I just needed someone to hold me and tell me it would all be okay.

I looked up at Frank to see him still asleep. He looked so calm in his sleep. He looked so beautiful. I could just stare at him for hours. I can't believe I'm the one he has his arms around. Frank is so hard to read though. Is he worrying about me just he is being a good friend? I mean I did randomly show up on his porch in the pouring rain. Maybe he just felt bad. Maybe this was just a pity cuddle.

But then again maybe it isn't. He did go to my house to check on me. He did offer to talk about what was wrong. He also didn't push me to talk about my problem. So was this 100% platonic? Frank is just so darn confusing. I wished he'd just tell me.

I heard Frank grunt and open his eyes. He looked down at me and smiled lightly. He yawned then spoke, "How are you." His voice was deep since he had just woken up. I could just listen to him talk all day with that sexy voice of his.

"Okay," my voice came out croaky and unattractive.

I felt Frank's stare on me. I looked up at him to see his eyes filled with concern. The way he looked at me made me feel guilty for not telling him about that night. But how could I tell him? He would think I was dirty. He wouldn't want to talk to me anymore.

"You sure?" I heard Frank say pulling me out of my thoughts.

I nodded not trusting myself to speak. I was always horrible at keeping secrets. I would always let the guilt eat me up until I yelled out the secret out of nowhere. I couldn't do that this time. I am determined not to let Frank know my dirty little secret.

Frank brushed my hair out of my face. I smiled feeling his touch on my cheek, "Want me to make you breakfast?"

Now that I think about it I haven't eaten in a while. Not since dinner at Hayley's house, "Please."

Frank left the bed. I looked at him. He was shirtless and in the jeans he was wearing last night. He threw on a random shirt before I could really start stare. I was only half thankful for that. He walked over to my side of the bed.

"C'mon Princess. Lets go to the kitchen," Frank said holding out his hand for me to grab.

Normally I would've argued saying I was too tired to get up, but he called me princess. How could I argue with him? I put my hand in his and he pulled me up. Once I was out of bed I realized that I was wearing one of frank's black shirts ((which was too big on me)) and no pants.

Frank pulled me towards the stairs. We walked down them hand in hand. Once we got to the kitchen Frank let go of my hand. I whimpered quietly at the lack of touch. I instantly regretted it hoping Frank didn't hear the whimper.

"So, do you want pancakes, waffles, or toast?" Frank asked me.

All. I wanted to say, but I didn't want Frank to think I eat too much. I am absolutely starving, but I can eat a little more later. "Just toast."

"Are you sure you don't want anything else, baby boy," Frank asked getting out a loaf of bread.

"Mmhmm," I said nodding. I then decided to sit on the kitchen counter. I swung my legs back and forth while Frank put two pieces of bread into the toaster. After he put the bread in the toaster he walked over to me. He put his hands on either side of me.