👿Born to Die 👿

Question: what is the last song you listened to?

Chapter 22

Frank watched as Gerard left the restaurant. He took a deep breath as he waited, messing with his credit card. Was he really going to do this? Was he really going to run out without paying?

He had to. He had to do it for his baby boy. What kind of Daddy would he be if he couldn't even pay for a nice dinner? Frank took a deep breath and looked around to make sure no one was watching and then he stood up.

He didn't know if you should run or act cool. His instinct said to run and get away as fast as possible, but he knew that would look super suspicious. So he just walked. He walked towards the door, but not even half way to the door a waiter came up to him.

"Sir, you haven't payed for your meal."

Frank stilled. The waiter that was talking to him was giving him a cold stare. A few other waiters and waitresses were starring at Frank. He knew he shouldn't have ran, but his body took over before his reason.

He made a run towards the front. Immediately employees of the restaurant were making sure Frank didn't leave. Frank fought and fought against the waiters that were holding him back from the door.

Frank's heart dropped when he heard the police sirens. Someone had called the cops on him. No, no this couldn't be happening. Gerard was waiting outside for him. He couldn't go to jail. He couldn't leave Gerard all alone like that.

The police came in and led Frank, quite roughly, to the car. He looked at his car as the cop put the cuffs on him. He couldn't see Gee, but he did see the door open. Before he could see Gerard the police man shoved him into the back of the police car.

The police were talking to him but he wasn't paying much attention. He was more focused on not looking back. He could hear Gerard screaming and crying and he knew if he saw Gerard he might break down too.

"Fuck off and let me have my boyfriend back!" Frank heard Gerard squeal out in sobs and complete anger. He had never heard Gerard cuss like that before. He couldn't help but turn around and look at Gerard through the window.

Gerard looked like a complete wreck. His face was red, blotchy, and tear stained. Gerard froze when him and Frank made eye contact. Frank could just feel his heart fall further and further. He had done this to his baby boy. He had caused his beautiful baby boy pain. Frank was suppose to shield Gee from pain, not cause it for him.

'I'm sorry' Frank mouthed right before the cops had drove off with him. He watched Gerard as he left the parking lot. He wanted to reach out and hug Gee and make everything all better again, but he couldn't. No, not this time.

After a couple of minutes of silent in the car his phone began to ring in his pocket. Frank went to ask if he could answer, but the cop in the passenger seat answered for him before he could speak .

"Just let it ring."

And they let it ring and ring and ring. Every time the ringing would stop it would start up again only a few seconds later. Finally the cop in the passenger seat got annoyed and leaned back into the backseat and took the phone out of Frank's pocket.

"Hey, What are you doing!" Frank yelled angrily as he struggled against his handcuffs when he tried to reach out and grab his phone from the cop.

"I'm answering your damn annoying phone," The officer said, "Sorry, no, stop calling. The owner of this phone is being arrested."

"Can I talk to him, please," Frank pleaded. He knew it was Gerard. All he wanted was to hear his voice, but he doubted the cop would let him.

The cop ignored him and kept talking to Gerard through the phone, "Sorry, sweetheart, but I can't let you do that. Now bye."