🍒Cherry🍒

Question: how much do you hate me for not updating for 10 months?

Chapter 23

Two days after the incident Gerard ended up at his favorite cafe. He thought going to his favorite cafe would cheer him up. He though the familiarity and stableness of it would give him a since of hope, but that isn't what happened.

No, instead Gerard sat alone at a small table crying his eyes out as he drew a photo of the only person he wanted to be with, Frank Iero. He hated this feeling of dread that has constantly been hanging on his shoulders these past few days. He always felt like crying no matter what. He hadn't talked to Mikey about anything yet. He couldn't bring himself to leave the house. This was actually the first time Gerard had left Frank's house in the past two days.

You might be thinking things couldn't get any worse. Gerard thought that too until he looked up and saw her. It was Hayley. The last time Gerard had seen her was when he met Josh. Gerard let out another sob just thinking about the disgusting man.

Gerard hoped Hayley wouldn't see him. He couldn't deal with that. All Gerard could think when he saw Hayley was that horrid, horrid day. To Gerard's luck, Hayley couldn't help but turn her attention to the boy who was crying so loudly. She often wondered what happened to Gerard. He left without a trace which always bummed Hayley out to think.

"Oh my god, Gerard! What the hell happened?" Hayley asked as she approached the crying boy.

Gerard flinched at her voice. His mind was overwhelmed with the thoughts of what happened at the restaurant a few days ago and now flashbacks of that night were hitting him. He felt like crawling out of his own skin and running far far away. He wanted to run until he couldn't feel his feet anymore and he throws up. Maybe the physical pain of that will take his mind of the pain of his heart.

"J-just," Gerard sniffled gathering himself to speak, "go away."

Hayley looked down at the poor boy. No way was she going to leave him like this, "No, Gee-"

Gerard quickly stood up and said a little louder, "I said go away."

"Gerard-"

Gerard hated her. Gerard hated that she had to be so worried and caring for him that she wouldn't go away. He could run for the door now and never see her again. He could run. He could run. He could run..

"I said go away!" Gerard screamed as he ran into Hayley's arms and hugged her. He sobbed into her chest making the most uncomfortable sounding noises. Hayley was surprised but immediately wrapped her arms around Gerard to bring him closer. She cooed little sweet things into his ear like 'it'll all be okay' and 'just cry sweetie it's fine'.

Gerard doesn't know how long he stood there crying while hugging his friend close. Eventually Hayley pulled away. Gerard just wanted to pull her back in. She looked at his bloodshot eyes and sighed.

"I'm going to ask to take the rest of the day off," Hayley said as she took off her apron. Gerard shook his head, "No, no you don't need to. Really I'm fi-,"

"Gerard, shut up. I know you aren't fine and I want to be there for you. And there is nothing you can do to stop me," Hayley said then she turned away to go tell her boss. Gerard watched her as she walked off. He looked at the photo he drew of Frank. He folded it up and planted a light kiss on it. A small tear fell onto the paper. He shook his head and shoved the paper into the hoodie he was wearing, Frank's hoodie.

He turned and looked at the door. He could run. He could. He really really could, but he wouldn't. That is due to the fact he loves Hayley. She cared about him greatly. It wouldn't be fair to her to run and in all honesty, Gerard needed Hayley right now. He needed a friend that he could tell anything to. It's just hard when her brother was-