NOT an update

Guys, I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a week and that I'm still not updating. I've been having a really rough week.

In addition to still not being over my food poisoning, an old babysitter who has become another grandmother to me, is very sick and in the hospital.

Everyone thought she had pneumonia, but two weeks ago she went to the hospital and a few days ago doctors said she has terminal lung cancer and won't leave the hospital.

It's just really hard for me because my biological grandmothers live so far away so they weren't able to come to many events. She would always make sure she saw at least one of our sports events every season. If you had a play or a band performance or won an award at school, she was there.

If you forgot your basketball jersey, she'd pick it up from your house and drop it off at school. If you got sick at school and your parents couldn't be there for half an hour, she'd pick you up. You missed the bus at seven am? Don't worry, she'd get dressed and give you a ride.

You could drop by and visit her whenever you wanted. If she was at home, she'd let you in. We would talk to her for hours.

I've known her for eleven years.
I'm just not processing that she'll probably be gone by next week. I'll try to get something written for you guys soon, but please don't get upset if it takes a couple more days, I really am trying.

Thanks for your support,
-Anna