Mess ups and Maddie

*one week later at the competition*

I'm here at competition and I'm doing a solo again. It's the same music and routine as Maddie's. We have the same yellow costume but she has gems in her hair and I have a butterfly.

I was first to go on stage. I did a really good job and I was proud.

Then it was Maddie's turn.

She did pretty good but bobbled on her turns.

We both got undressed and got ready for the group dance. The group dance was called 'living with the ribbon'. The group dance is about people with cancer. We had a sheer pink long shirt on with black booty shorts and a white leotard. We had pink bows in out hair. My hair was in a braid.

We did the dance and it was a success.

We went back to our dressing room and played until it was time for awards.

"You know your gonna loose." Maddie says.

"I think I have a chance." I tell her

She pushed me.

________________________

It's time for awards and our group got first. Now it's time for solos.

"In 5th place is Alli from Reach for the Stars in Maryland." the announcer announces.

"In 4th place is....Chelsea from Lisa dance academy."

I breathe

"In 3rd place is....Erica from KCR dance studio."

I was wishing for first.

"Now only a half of a point separates first and second."

"In second is, drum roll please,.... Maddie from Abby Lee Dance Company."

Maddie got up took her trophy and looked like she was gonna cry.

"And in first place is....Chloe"

I was so happy I got my first place trophy and most importantly I proved to Abby I am better than Maddie.

After the awards we got back and Abby looked mad.

Probably 'cause Maddie didn't win.

A person from the competition comes in.

"We had a goof." the guy says.

"Chloe actually got second and Maddie got first."

Of course. It was to good to be true.

"Sorry" he said and left.

"So Abby we got it you went to the competition and told them that Maddie always has a better score than Chloe." my mom says. "No matter how good she does she's never a star in your eyes."

The guy comes back.

"Here are the score sheets to show Maddie got a higher score." He hands it to Abby. "Thanks for bringing it to our attention." he says.

Abby lied.

The camera men wanted to interview me about what just happened.

"I lost by half a point." I say to the camera. "I wanted to prove Abby and Maddie wrong and show them that I am a good dancer."

I walked away and Maddie came up to me.

"Told you that you would never win." she then laughs.

I lost by half a point.