The Party

×

"Alright dudes–we're here!" Anthony exclaims from the front seat. Causing me to jump almost ten feet in the air, me having been dozing off as Finns hand still lays firmly on my thigh.

He looks at me once more before opening the van door, giving me a smile that sends chills up my spine. Maybe he notices because before he pulls the handle back, he gives me a light squeeze, winking before jumping out of the van.

I'm not shocked; it's just one of the many mind games he likes to play with me. Though I wonder how far those mind games go, beyond the walls of claymore.

I begin to scoot out of the seat, wincing slightly because my hand that still aches. Though I ignore the pain, letting the adrenaline that distracts me take over. I can't help but think I should've taken care of this more.

I step out of the car, my sneakers hitting the pavement that I now recognize is a driveway. My eyes leading up to a house; though it's small, there are many people inside. Just from viewing the outside I can see the flashing lights, dancing bodies and the hazy smoke that covers the windows.

At first I wasn't so sure about this, our first night of freedom being spent at a party. But what better way to spend it? Enjoying life, dancing the night away– the party scene was always more my style in high school.

Though my parents would have liked for me to not fall into that crowd, it was a way for me to escape at times. So I do cherish the clustered bodies and lingering smell of alcohol; reminds me of a simpler time.

"Pst, Millie," I hear. I look up, my eyes meeting a pair of darker ones. Ones that speak a language i've learned to understand; one only we know. Finn takes a step closer to me, my hand gliding against the van door as I close it. And like clockwork, one minute Finn approaches. Then the next I feel my back lightly hit the van door.

"Everyone's already inside," he states, though I don't know why that's relevant. "Okay?" I respond, feeling his hand creep up my arm. "What I mean is we can dash if you don't want to be here."

"Your hand still hurting?" he adds after a pause. I shake my head, "no," I lie.

He raises an eyebrow at me, his fingers that run up my arm travel down towards my hand. Finn lowers his eyes, looking over my not-so-well bandaged palm. Blood slightly seeping through, the pushed away pain may not be unbearable but it's there.

Finn looks back up, moving his head closer to me ear as he parts his lips. "Do you want to leave or stay," he whispers. He places his hand gently on top of mine. I flinch a little; even the slightest amount of pressure hurts.

"I want to stay," I breath out as he removes his hand quickly. He looks at me once more, shifting back and forth from my lips and eyes. Then he starts to get closer, shutting his eyelids softly as he takes his time to move his head towards mine.

Our foreheads touch, our warm breaths mix as he presses the top of our flushed faces together. The two of us enjoying the contact and soon-to-be first kiss miles away from Claymore.

He tilts his head up, nudging my nose with his playfully. I giggle softly, feeling him set both of his hands on my waist. Pulling me closer, our bodies pressing up against each other as he begins to close the one space left. My hands move up his shoulders, the sounds from the party carrying away behind us.