The End

×

ONE YEAR LATER
"Tell me something nice."

Finns eyes narrow as I let out the familiar demand. One that I first made beyond the walls of Claymore, and one that I continue to make almost two years later.

He blinks slowly, his delicate eyelashes sweeping across his freckled cheeks as they raise into a smile. "I love you," he breathes out softly. His warm breathe—laced with the scent of warm coffee, hits my nose and the pillow I lay against.

"I love you too," I respond. Words filled with magic and a never ending passion. "I know," he speaks out, moving his chin forward.

His hand trails the edge of my jaw, our eyes shutting as I feel him plant a very welcomed kiss atop of my lips. Only before I kiss back—turning his simple peck into something deeper; melded with a fiery feeling.

And I'm instantly taken back to our first kiss.

—As I make my way to the exit, Finn reaches out, grabbing my upper arm to stop me from continuing. He turns me towards him, me trying to find the words to question his actions but then being silenced. Silenced by his lips that reach down to meld against mine, sending a fiery feeling through my body.

I tilt my head up more, no longer surprised by the kiss, the same almost-kiss that was interrupted earlier. He moves against me, deeply planting another before pulling away, brushing his lips up against mine.

"To make up for lost time," he breaths out. His warm breath and touch lingers against me, staying present even after he pulls away—

Behind the white walls of Claymore, beneath piled up feelings and the absolute devastation that I was in fact locked up in the looney bin—a love story was made.

A story written with such confusion, heart break, and realness that I'll even be hesitant to tell it to my own children.

So I keep it hidden; just like everything else. For over a year I convince my parents during every phone call to let me stay at my "aunts" longer. And every call from my aunt, I push the trip to her cottage further and further away.

Lies being told—perhaps not for the best, but one day all ties will be cut off and I can finally tell my parents the horrifying story of Finn and I.

How we ran away from Claymore, only for me to run away with him yet again, months later. Maybe I loved the euphoric feeling of not knowing what'll come next. Or maybe I'm just so undoubtedly in love with Finn, that i'll do absolutely anything to be with him.

And it's hard, it really is. He has his moments, where everything doesn't make sense and he kept help but breakdown into tears. But i'm there, holding him and running my fingers along his arms until he calms down.

So, it isn't easy but it is manageable. It is beautiful it it's own misfit way.

And I wouldn't want anything more.

So when he pulls away from our kiss, our eyes fluttering open as I push back the memories his lips brought. His eyes speak volumes; parting his lips to speak up.

"Tell me something nice," he whispers. I smile in response, changing the position of my head against the pillow as his hand falls along my cheek, traveling down my jaw.

My eyes move away from him, moving up the wooden apartment roof. An apartment that Finn had gotten before our reunion—more than prepared for me to say yes and jump into his arms like every other happy ending.

My thoughts travel many miles an hour, desperately trying to come up with something to say. Something perhaps rehearsed or as simple as a "i'm so glad we're together".

But there's no use in not being real.

"I've had second thoughts. Had, past tense. But never did I, ever see myself without you," I begin. "Never could I imagine my happiness coming from another source. Never did I once see myself with a smile on my face that wasn't caused by you."

I turn towards him, leaning my head back against his arm. "Never did I love anyone else. Not my mother, father, ex boyfriend, or even a friend. No one has ever made me feel like this."

I can see his breath catch—him being unable to speak up as I finish. "And i'm so grateful for you. So happy I can spend the rest of my life somewhere accepting and understanding. With someone."

Then I stop myself, watching as he struggles to find words to add. Smiling as he stutters, getting flustered with my confession. So to help ease him, I lean forward and press a soft kiss against his lips.

His hand goes to back of my head, holding me against him as we breathe each other in. Moments like such were often played out, but never did they lose any of the deeper meaning.

And when he pulls away I expect silence, only the presence of our heavy breaths and the whistling wind in the background.

Though, I'm wrong.

"You make me feel sane, Millie Brown," he whispers out. I smile against him, "And you make me feel absolutely insane, Finn Wolfhard."

AUTHORS NOTE.
hello kids. so i'm very happy to end this story, though the last chapter is short, it's equally as sweet. there won't be a sequel to this story, this story doesn't need a sequel. but just for your own well being yes, they do live happily ever after. perhaps in the future they have kids, eventually millie tells her parents and they get married. and then live their crazy lives to the fullest. i hope you enjoyed this story, i sure did and thank you so much for the continued support. till next time, madds.