Chapter Eleven

I open my eyes, finding Henry walking into the bedroom, shedding his suit jacket. I smile, glancing at the clock. It's after eleven, I slept in.

"Where have you been?"

He looks to me, removing his tie. "Just had a few errands to run for Richard... They're done now."

"I have you all to myself?" I ask, excitedly.

"You, missy are going to remain in bed all day," he replies, chuckling and I roll my eyes.

"Yes, sir."

He begins unbuttoning his shirt. "And so am I."

I grin, stretching my arms out over my head. "I really like the sound of that."

...

I watch on as Henry, half-clothed in sweats blows loud gusts of air onto Alexander's stomach, bent over the bed. Alexander responds with a breathy laugh, kicking his legs with vigor.

Henry laughs with him, looking completely immersed in him. I cannot hide my admiration. His smile, completely carefree is a rarity nowadays. I'm always so glad to see it.

"You're smiling," Henry says, playfully to him. Alexander's head swivels my way carefully. "You looking at Mummy? You want Mummy to play?"

I lean forward then, blowing onto his stomach, giggling.

...

"Oh, no you don't!" Henry says, pointing my way, a wide smile covering his face. I stop on the steps, smirking. "I said I'd clear these weeds out."

"I need fresh air. I'll just sit here. I will barely exert myself."

He huffs but goes back to pulling the roots of the weeds. I take a seat on the bench in the garden, eyes appraising his toned figure in the sweaty gray t-shirt and faded jeans. His gloves and forearms are covered in dirt.

"You look hot," I confess bluntly, with zero shame. He glances my way, winking all too perfectly.

"You definitely planted a rose garden," he says, looking at the vastness of the pink-colored rose bushes. He wipes his head with his arm. "These suckers are hard to get out."

"I could help you with something, putting them into the bag?"

He glares at me and I raise my hands in defeat.

"I still don't understand why you don't want me to bring someone in to do this?"

"Because those people don't love this garden like I do," I hum. "And you do, right?"

He smirks, rolling his eyes. "I suppose so."

"They're going to look like the ones at the chateau, you'll see," I state, proudly. He chuckles.

"I spoke to Enzo by the way, a few weeks ago. He called."

"Really?" I grin. "How is he?"

"Well, he barely spoke of anything but the vineyards. They've begun preparing for this season. The trees are getting their leaves again. He said he'll send bottles to help relieve our nostalgia."

I pull my cardigan in tightly, smiling fondly. "That's nice of him."

"We're making rather good sales off last years wine as well, which he's glad for."

My eyes look out curiously over the grounds, which run for acres here. "It is beautiful here too though, just a little more wet."

He pulls off his gloves, standing. "I wish England had given you a kinder reception from the start. Unfortunately, when you're with me, I can't show you true English experiences without being followed."