Chapter Thirty-One

"More eyeliner," I say, pressing down the adhesive facial hair Ivan handed to me just moments ago. He's standing behind us, looking very disapproving. Mia begins to apply more eyeliner on her lower lid, a permanent grin on her face.

"Oh Ivan, we'll be fine. No one will even know we're there," she says, setting down the eyeliner.

"And we're going to be far in the back."

"In the crowd, Henry. In a crowd full of people- who love you."

"Then they will realize our love of rock, no?" I say, looking to Mia. She laughs as Ivan walks out, shaking his head. Mia turns, handing me the blonde wig. I take it, telling her to turn around with my hand. One of the first times I realized Mia and I were something truly different was when I saw her in her Led Zeppelin t-shirt the first night we met. Now, she's in a Rolling Stones one, one she's also had since I met her and I'm feeling nostalgic and immensely attracted to her at the moment. I smooth out the wig, making sure it's on completely.

"How does it look?" she asks, turning around. I nod, grabbing her. My attack on her lips happens fast and clearly surprise her. Right now, I feel a fraction of what we did in the Maldives and already I'm a happy man. I clasp the back of her head, holding her to me as my other hand descends from her waist, moving slowly over her filled-out jeans. I clasp her ass tightly, pulling her closer.

She hums with approval as my lips part from hers, both of our chests expanding for air.

"I take it you like it," she answers, with amusement. She laughs when I look up at her and my gaze softens curiously. She brings her hands up to my lips, pressing her fingers over my mouth. She holds them up after a moment and there's crimson red makeup across them.

I let her go, looking into the mirror, chuckling as I wipe the rest of her smudged makeup from my face. She smirks.

"The downside to wearing a lot of makeup," she admits.

"I regret nothing," I say, glancing to her.

"We're not being smart right now, you know that right?" she says, leaning against the sink. I laugh.

"Either we go unnoticed, Mia. Or we're discovered and the world knows of our love for rock. I don't truly see a downside to this."

She laughs after a moment. "You see the downside. You are just trying to resist thinking about it."

I reach for my scotch rested on the counter, lifting it to my lips. The alcohol will give me courage to actually go out in the world with Mia and only man for security. I hold the glass out to her and she takes it, drinking some as well.

I run my hand over the fake hair on my jaw, shocked by how surprisingly real it looks. Ivan knows what he's doing. He's probably been holding this waiting for the next bonkers idea I have.

She sets down the empty glass, nodding with finality. "Am I nearly unrecognizable?"

I smirk, grabbing her hand. "Let's go."

...

"Partying with Ivan is fun," I say, smiling wide as Ivan shows us to our section. Henry keeps a firm hand on my hip as we walk through the thousands of concert-goers. People that have no idea that their King and Queen are casually among them. My hands are frozen, gripping onto our beers. People look as we pass, mainly at Henry in awe. You can see his beauty even shielded by the large beard covering half his face.

"We're here," Ivan says, firmly, pointing at the seats. His eyes look like they're in multiple places at once, scanning the people around us, looking for any possible security threats. The arena is gigantic and most definitely full to it's capacity.