1. Coming Home

-----------

-----------

Tom Odell - Another Love

"I wanna sing a song, that'd be just ours
But I wanna sang 'em all to another heart."

HOLDEN COULDN'T REMEMBER when was the last time he went back to his hometown. Mystic Falls became something he didn't want to come back to, until 145 years of misery and constant loneliness brought him back to where it all began.

It was the night he met her. At first, he thought she was Katherine, but there was something pure about her face that made him realize that she was a completely different person.

She was standing on the bridge, wearing purple shirt and jeans, her hair straight and long.

The girl was waiting for someone patiently as she paced from one side to another, until she saw him standing behind her.

Holden stopped in his tracks and stared at her, anger building inside of him. He never loved Katherine, and felt relieved when he found out she was dead.

But from the looks of it, she wasn't. "Hi," Elena greeted the tall man standing in front of her. She looked behind him to see that he had no car and felt a little intimidated.

After all, she was alone and he could've taken advantage of her. Even if it was just Mystic Falls. "I thought you were dead," he sneered lowly and Elena raised her eyebrows in confusion.

"Um... I think you're mistaking me to someone else," she smiled innocently, holding her phone tightly in her hand, waiting for her parents to come and take her.

"I don't forget a face, Katherine," he clenched his jaw and took a step further, causing Elena to take a step back. Her brown eyes were staring at him, fear and confusion mixed on her face.

Holden saw that she had no idea what he was talking about and realized that she wasn't Katherine, even if she looked identical. "I'm sorry," he then said with a puzzled expression. Elena breathed out and nodded her head. "I thought you were someone else."

"It's alright," she smiled and Holden then looked away, because he was staring to look like a creep, just staring into her soul.

Elena thought how hot he looked in that jacket, and blushed at that thought. "I'm Elena," she said with a small smile, her eyes burning with desire to find out who he was.

Holden walked closer to her and stopped about a few feet away. "Elena," he repeated. It was still hard to believe that she wasn't Katherine. At first, he thought that Katherine was playing games with him, but he smelled her blood, heard her rapidly beating heart and knew she was human. "Holden."