1. The Bitch Is Back!

------------

-----------

BANKS - Mind Games

"When you show up all empty-handed
The way you say you love me
Like you've just been reprimanded
Cause I know you like mind games."

IT DIDN'T TAKE LONG FOR HOLDEN TO GET HOME. He looked around the empty house and thought about what an idiot he was for almost kissing Elena.

But the weirdest part was that she wanted to kiss him back. It didn't sound like the Elena he knew so far, but maybe she did want to kiss him back, and if she did, he felt happy.

His phone rang and he took it out before seeing that Stefan was calling. "What?" Holden asked calmly as he walked over to his drinks and started pouring himself a glass of bourbon.

"Did you know that John Gilbert got attacked tonight?" Stefan questioned causing Holden to didn't react in any way.

"Well, most of us got attacked tonight," he commented and took a sip of his drink. Stefan sighed and Holden clicked his tongue. "Okay, sorry, by who?"

"I don't know, but whoever was inside was a vampire," Stefan mused and Holden thought of Elena and then widened his eyes in realization.

"Where is Elena now, Stefan?" he asked rushing towards the door and quickly left his house.

Stefan didn't answer at first so Holden rolled his eyes as he walked over to his car. "Hello, didn't you hear me?" Holden snapped. Stefan's jealousy was getting the best of him and Holden didn't like that.

"She's in the hospital. Caroline got into a car accident," he answered and Holden hung up before opening the door to his car. He hesitated to go in, then closed the door and used his vampire speed to appear in the hospital much quicker than it would have taken him with a car.

Holden saw Bonnie talking with Matt inside so he walked over to them. "How's Caroline?" he asked curiously and saw the look on their faces.

"Holden, there's something you should know," Bonnie told him as Matt walked away to buy some coffee. "Matt said that Tyler was driving the car when he heard the noise and got a migraine... You know what that means, right?"

"He was affected by the device," Holden mused and Bonnie nodded her head. "But Tyler isn't a vampire, is he?"

Bonnie shook her head and Elena walked over to them. "Hey..." she greeted Holden calmly and Holden looked down at the girl. "What are you doing here?"