17. Oh, Baby Brother

-----------

-----------

Jack Garratt - Surprise Yourself

"Lover, if you only knew
The times that train has fooled me too
And tears me from a place I know
It helps me to surprise yourself."

STORM WAS COMING UP IN MYSTIC FALLS AS HOLDEN WALKED INTO HIS HOME AFTER FEEDING. He closed the door and saw Damon trying to fix a clock. "Hey," Stefan approached Holden as he was about to leave.

"Going hunting?" Holden asked him as he took his jacket off and threw it on the couch.

Stefan nodded his head. "That girl did a number on me last night when she attacked us. I gotta get my strength back up," he answered and then Damon laughed, turning to them.

"I've got two liters of soccer mom in the fridge," he joked and Stefan looked at him, unamused. "No?"

Stefan turned to Holden. "We'll talk when I get back?" he asked then glanced at Damon.

"Okay," Holden nodded sitting down on the couch.

"All right," Damon smirked and Stefan opened the door. "Give my regards to the squirrels," he shouted after and Stefan left.

Holden looked back at his older brother and smirked. "What are you so smiley about?" Damon grimaced, feeling weird.

"How does it feel knowing that mostly everyone in this town can't stand you? Aren't you tired of that?" Holden questioned curiously. He didn't mean to be this snarky, but it still came out.

Damon rolled his eyes. "Bye," he waved him off with a huge snarl on his face. Holden sighed, shook his head and walked out of the room.

HOLDEN WALKED BACK INTO THE PARLOR TO FIND DAMON CALLING SOMEONE. He then hung up and groaned. "What? The soccer mom doesn't want to donate blood?" Holden joked dryly causing Damon to glare at him.

"I was calling Elena," he answered, moving his phone in his hand with a sarcastic smile. "To find if Stefan's with her."

"Why? What happened?" Holden asked getting serious.

Damon sighed as he walked to his drinks. "Do a little math, Holdie. Do you think it takes Stefan three hours to hunt?" he asked and Holden rolled his eyes. "And Elena decided to ignore my calls, because, apparently, she can't stand me."

"I'll call her," Holden mused then took his phone out. After a few beeps, she answered. "Hello?"

Holden smirked at Damon, who looked away with pursed lips. "Elena, is Stefan with you?" he asked casually, glancing at Damon.