9. Evil Little Plan

-----------

-----------

Deze afbeelding leeft onze inhoudsrichtlijnen niet na. Verwijder de afbeelding of upload een andere om verder te gaan met publiceren.

-----------

Daughter - Shallows

"Let the water rise,
Let the ground crack.
Let me fall inside,
lying on my back."

"HOLDEN, DO YOU WANNA GO AND HAVE SOME FUN?" were the first words Holden heard that morning as he groaned in his bed, half asleep.

Damon walked in and smirked at his younger brother, who turned to look at him. "Stefan refused your peace offer, so you come here to make peace offering with me?" Holden questioned angrily. "No, thank you."

"Oh, come on, it's not like Lexi was your bestie whatsoever," Damon commented in a grumble and Holden looked at him in annoyance.

"You seriously think that would change my mind about you killing Stefan's only friend?"

Damon sighed, as he knew that didn't work. "Holden, life goes on. People or vampires die, and we move on. So, what do you say, bro?"

Holden thought about it for a second before smiling at Damon. "Yeah, no," he shook his head and Damon rolled his eyes all the way to the back of his head. "Come back when Stefan forgives you and you become human, okay?" he asked, knowing that it wasn't possible.

Damon stared at Holden in annoyance then left the room, as Holden lied down in bed, and closed his eyes.

LATER ON, Elena called Holden and Stefan, telling them that Damon wanted something from Bonnie. The two went to the Gilbert house and knocked on the door.

Elena opened them. "Hey, thanks for coming," she said seriously. "I wouldn't have called if it wasn't important."

"I know that," Stefan answered with a sad look. Elena stepped out onto the porch and pulled the door close behind her.

"He threatened her," she whispered meaning Damon. Holden rested his back on her porch fence with crossed arms and a sigh.

Stefan looked at Holden. "What would Damon want with Bonnie?" he asked in confusion.

Holden remembered last night, and how he noticed a necklace that was on Bonnie's neck. He knew he had seen it before. "The necklace..." he trailed off, remembering to whom it belonged. Elena and Stefan both looked at him. "That necklace belonged to Emily Bennett. Katherine's handmaiden and a witch."

Elena was surprised as she glanced at the two brothers. "You know? About Bonnie?"

"The first night that you invited us over for dinner, we made the connection," Stefan nodded to her, also realizing about what Holden was talking about.