5. 1953

-----------

-----------

Ben Cocks - So Cold

"You caused my heart to bleed and
You still owe me a reason
Cause I can't figure out why..."

DAMON WOKE UP GROGGILY and rolled on the ground before seeing Holden looking at him. "Where is my ring?" he asked, noticing that his daylight ring was gone.

"Good morning, brother," Holden smirked at Damon, who sighed weakly from all the vervain in his blood and rested his head on the ground again. "Safe," Holden then said, meaning his ring. "Where you can't find it."

"How long have I been here?" Damon asked with narrowed eyes as Holden's face hardened and he stared at Damon.

"Three days," Stefan spoke as he approached Holden with a serious face and looked through the bars of the door.

Damon grimaced and looked at the vervain stash that was placed in the cellar. "What are you two doing?" he questioned in confusion. Damon thought that his brothers, especially Holden, would've killed him already.

"During the dark ages when a vampire's actions threatened to expose or bring harm upon the entire race, they would face judgement," Stefan began to explain and Holden nodded, getting amused again. "They sought to reeducate them rather than to punish them."

"You know what will happen if I don't..." Damon paused, frowning at that idea. "... feed on blood."

Holden crossed his arms over his chest. "We know, Damon, and that's what we're counting on." Holden liked the idea that Stefan suggested.

"You'll grow weaker and weaker. Eventually you won't be able to move or speak," Stefan said and Damon glared at him. "In a week your skin will desiccate, and you'll mummify. A living corpse. Unable to hurt anyone. Ever."

"So what, you two are just going to leave me in the basement, forever?" Damon asked them sarcastically.

Stefan glanced at Holden with a pointed look, then his eyes went back to Damon. "I've injected you with enough vervain to keep you weak. Once you're circulation stops, we'll move you to the family crypt, and then in 50 years, we can reevaluate."

"Or never, actually," Holden added with a smirk causing Damon to roll his eyes.

"I'm stronger than you two idiots think," Damon told them with dark eyes, even though he looked very weak at that moment.