14. A 145 Year Old Lie

-----------

-----------

Birdy - Without A Word

"Stand there and look into my eyes
And tell me that all we had were lies."

"ELENA IS MISSING," Stefan exclaimed quickly as he rushed into Holden's room. "Anna took her."

"Wait, what?" Holden questioned angrily, looking up from his reading. "That weird chick?"

"Yes, and Damon refuses to help me--"

Holden was angry as he stood up and gaped at Stefan. "Are you telling me that you went to Damon before coming to me?" he asked, feeling quite offended, because he would've done anything to save Elena.

Stefan didn't speak as he gave away his answer. "Oh, I get it," Holden snapped and Stefan looked away. "You don't want my help, because Damon's words got stuck in your head last night. And for some odd reason you believe in it," he sneered.

"That's not true," Stefan argued stressfully as he sighed.

Holden saw the doubt and scoffed. "You're lying. And you do. But let me tell you something, Stefan. I'm not Damon, and I would never try to take her away from you. Now let's go. I'll help. I know how."

Stefan just nodded appreciative and the two left, not talking to each other at all.

IN A MOTEL, ELENA WAS SEATED ON THE BED NEXT TO BONNIE AS THEY WATCHED A VAMPIRE NAMED BEN PACE IN FRONT OF THEM. "Witches don't have eternal life, right?" he asked Bonnie, who stared at him in hatred. He tricked her into coming on a date with him, actually making her believe that he liked her. "So you guys can die."

"Yep," she mused sarcastically. "We can die."

"Ah," Ben smirked excitedly. "That sucks."

All of a sudden, Stefan kicked the door in. Ben began to scream as the sun started burning his skin.

Holden marched in and noticed the girls, before grabbing them both by their hands and leading them out. "Go go," he ushered as Stefan ripped the curtains open, allowing more sun to pour in.

Ben quickly hid between two beds as his skin healed. Holden let the girls run out first as he stood at the doorway.

Stefan nodded to him and walked over to Ben. "When the sun goes down, leave town," he threatened lowly. "If I ever see you again, I will kill you," he said then the two vampire brothers left.