8. Best Birthday Present

-----------

-----------

Josef Salvat - Open Season

"All the faces that were forgotten
All the tracks we're giving up?"

IF THERE WAS ONE THING Holden liked was Stefan's best friend Lexi, who made Holden forget his problems, and was always there for Stefan, when Holden should have.

It was Stefan's 162 birthday and Holden knew Stefan would try to avoid celebrating it at all cost. So, that's why, when he walked out of the bathroom, he saw Lexi lying in his bed with a wicked smirk on her bright face. "Lexi?" he asked in surprise and she got up from bed.

"Hello, Holdie," she teased and threw her arms around him for a hug, as he hugged her back with a surprised smile on his face.

Lexi chuckled and pulled away. "Since when you're settling in?" she questioned and Holden gave her a playful look.

"You know me all too well, Lexi," he answered, excited to see Stefan's best friend, because in 1940's and 1990's Holden had the best time with her.

Lexi shared a strong bond with Stefan, and it reminded Holden a bond he once shared with Roza. "Let me guess," Holden sighed and Lexi looked at him with a wide grin. "You're here for Stefan's birthday?" he asked and Lexi nodded her head.

Holden walked over to his drinks, and poured himself and her a glass before handing one to Lexi. "Thank you," she winked taking a sip and looking at him. "You got hot. This era suits you so much better."

"I was never meant to rock leisure suits and long hair," he mused with an amused look causing Lexi to laugh.

"It's good to be back," she sighed, leaning back in her seat and Holden looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"You probably know Damon is also here," he then said causing Lexi to roll her eyes and groan. Lexi hated Damon, after some stuff that happened in the 70's.

"Yeah, and I'm glad you're here. That son of a bitch is tormenting Stefan once again, and he needs someone like you," she commented honestly and Holden nodded his head. "Oh, speaking of Stefan, you're invited to his 162th birthday!"

At that moment, Stefan walked in and smiled when he saw his brother and Lexi drinking together and having good time. "Happy birthday, Stefan," Holden said with a small smirk.

Stefan nodded his head as a thank you. "I see you two are getting along already," he commented causing Lexi to scoff with a huge smirk.