6. I Won't Let Go Of You

-----------

-----------

James Vincent McMorrow - Look Out

"I was looking, I was peeking over I was looking
In the corner feather flint the salt
I've heard it's all the same
So I hope I'm still alive of course
When it does hit the sun."

IT WAS MORNING AS HOLDEN WAS SITTING IN THE PARLOR, MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS WHEN JEREMY WALKED IN WITH DAMON FOLLOWING AFTER. "What are you doing here?" Holden asked curiously with raised eyebrows.

Jeremy rolled his eyes as Damon smirked. "Kid thinks he knows something about Mason Lockwood."

When Jeremy told them about the moonstone and the werewolf curse, the brothers listened carefully but then Ric arrived with a box of Isobel's research. "Ric!" Damon greeted his human friend.

Alaric noticed Jeremy there as well and furrowed his eyebrows. "What are you doing here?" he asked suspiciously.

"Helping Damon and Holden," the boy answered rather proudly so Damon just rolled his eyes and looked at Holden. "I'm the one who found out about the moonstone."

Alaric glanced at the brothers. Damon just shrugged so Ric glanced back at the Gilbert boy. "Does Elena know you're here?"

"Not exactly," Jeremy trailed off leaving the history teacher to sigh.

"What you got?" Damon took the box out of Alaric's hands, placed it on he table and started digging through it. Holden approached him and took out a book.

"This is Isobel's research from Duke," Alaric informed with a calm face. "Her assistant sent it to me."

Damon smirked smugly, looking at his brother. "Mmm, Vanessa. The hottie," he commented and Holden glanced at Jeremy with a sigh causing the boy to laugh.

Alaric took the book out of Holden's hands with a pointed look. "Vanessa, yes. Now, do you remember the old Aztec curse she told us about?"

"Sun and the moon, blah blah blah," Damon rolled his eyes as Jeremy walked over to them to look down at the box.

"An Aztec curse?" he questioned before nodding his head with pursed lips. "Cool."

"Yeah, supposedly vampires and werewolves used to roam freely until a shaman put a curse on them to limit their power," Alaric explained as Holden looked at the baby Gilbert. He didn't want to get Elena's brother mixed into everything, but if Elena was stubborn, Jeremy must have been the same. "Since then, werewolves can only turn on a full moon and vampires are weakened by the sun."