19. Miss Elena and Holden

-----------

-----------

James Arthur - Can I Be Him?

"You walked into the room and now my heart has been stolen
You took me back in time to when I was unbroken
Now you're all I want
And I knew it from the very first moment."

"IT'S BEEN A LONG TIME," HOLDEN SIGHED AS HE STOOD IN FRONT OF MELANIE'S GRAVE IN THE WOODS. It was an early morning and Holden couldn't fall asleep one bit, so he decided to go and see her grave.

When things went bad or Holden felt lost, he'd go to her grave and talk. Even if it sounded lame and so not what Holden liked to do, he still did it. "I thought everything was getting better but it's far from that," he spoke quietly.

Holden then groaned lowly. "Why am I talking?" he grimaced then looked down at the woman he loved. He was the reason she died, and the guilt was always there. "Stefan lost it, again. I want to blame Damon, but I can't," he mused in annoyance. "You'd probably say that I got too close to them... That I should runaway like I always did, but this time it's different. I just can't think of leaving. I'm tired of it..."

He stared at the gravestone and thought about something else than just his brothers. He thought about Elena, and why she was another reason of him staying in town. "I miss my brothers, I want Bonnie to forgive me for everything me and my brothers did to her... I want to know the real reason as to why Elena looks like Katherine, and why do I like her so much."

Holden then paused. He felt embarrassed talking to a piece of stone, but that still made him feel slightly better. "Maybe I'm just lost. I have a lot of things to do to redeem myself. I should've started with you, Mel. I promise I'll make things better. That's what you'd want me to do," he nodded his head determined and left the woods.

"YOU'RE STILL ANGRY OR CAN I SIT DOWN?" Damon questioned Holden with a sarcastic smile as he approached the couch that Holden was sitting on.

"Why are you angry at him?" Stefan asked Holden in confusion.

Damon rolled his eyes and sat down, shooting a smile towards Stefan. "Because I told you to drink human blood," he commented dully and Stefan sighed.

"You know what, I need the both of you to back off," Stefan told them angrily causing Holden to look at Stefan incredulously.

"Back off, Stefan?" he questioned furiously before standing up. Damon also shot up and moved closer to stop Holden from starting a fight. "You, the person always bribing into my life, are telling me to back off?"