Chapter Nine - Cha Ching

The three of them sat down at the green felt table. Niall was still laughing about Shayla beating those guys at black jack.

"Niall if you're gonna play you'll need a better poker face." Louis said with an extremely serious expression.

"So will you." Shay said butting in.

"Yeah you two should make the same faces that you made when Liam and I walked down stairs when you were snogging." Niall trying to keep his poker face.

Shay rolled her eyes and Louis mouthed, Oh yeah. Before the card were dealt Shay took a quick glance around the table, a young man and his friend obviously here for a bachelor party. A woman and her boyfriend and a couple older men. Then her, Louis and Niall who looked the most inexperienced. Once the cards were dealt Shayla peeked under the corner of her cards, as did the others at the table. The cocky young man at the other side of the table raised them all twenty. They all called. Niall took another glance around the table. Stupid move because when he tried to bluff and raise, everyone called and he fold. Near the end of the game only Shay and the cocky man's friend were still in the game. He raised one final time and she looked at him with no expression and pushed her chips into the middle of the table to call. He laughed and showed his cards.

"Straight." He said with a mischievous smile.

Shay laughed and showed her cards. "Royal Flush."

She smirked took her chips and left with Louis and Niall to play roulette. They stood there for a moment and watched as others spun the wheel.

"I'm going to play." Niall said get closer to the table. The dealer at the table gave Niall a disapproving look. Niall ignored this and placed his bets. The spun the wheel and the won. Shay couldn't help but laugh. I seemed like he was cheating because no matter what he did he doubled his money. After a while Niall some how he managed to turn twenty dollars into four hundred. While they were walking over to the craps table.

"Four hundred dollars." Louis said looking at Niall with a shocked look.

"Four hundred dollars." Niall repeats obviously proud of himself.

"Tell me your secret." said Louis.

"His secret is he's did know what the hell he's doing." Shayla said with a smirk.

"Pretty much." Niall said laughing.

Shay stepped up to the craps table and looked at the dealer, "Twenty on the pass line."

The looked at her strangely then put twenty on the pass line. She picked up the dice shock them then threw them across the table. Seven. Niall and Louis cheered. Then a couple people came over to the table to watch. She put forty on the field. Rolled the dice.

"Ten the hard way, double the field." Said the dealer.

The others cheered and Louis passed her a beer.

Time passed and Shay was getting richer by the minute. By now she was on about two thousand dollars. Niall and Louis both had and arm around her. And the three other people who were watching her play quickly turned into ten. She rolled the dice for one final time. Seven. Everyone cheered, they were all a little bit too happy and the alcohol wasn't helping anything. Niall pulled her in and kissed her on the cheek then Louis raised his glass in the air and yelled, "On to the slot machines."

Once again everyone cheered and followed them to the slot machines. A few minutes later Louis hit the jackpot playing BasketBull. The three ended up leaving the casino with about seven thousand dollars all together. They walked back to their room with their arms around each other. They stepped in the door and Harry, Zayn and Liam were sitting on the couch in their swimming trunks watching a movie.

"Where we you?" Liam asked sounding a bit annoyed.

"The casino." Shayla said still laughing.

"We're rich!" Niall shouted.

"WHOOO!" Shayla and Louis screamed together.

"We were waiting for you." Harry said even more annoyed than Liam.

"To do what?" Shay accidentally yelled.

"Go out to the pool deck!" Harry yelled getting in her face.

She and Niall burst out laughing.

"You're drunk!" Harry yelled again.

"Just let us change." She said laughing and holding on to Niall for support. They all continued laughing and ran up the stairs. Shayla got in her room and quickly changed then walked back down stairs.

"Where are Louis and Niall?" Zayn asked.

"I think they are still getting changed."

"How are they not down here before you?" Harry said confused.

She shrugged and walked to the small kitchen and the boys returned to their movie. Shay pulled three wine glasses from the cupboard. She walked over to the open space behind the couch and started juggling the wine glasses. She gasped loudly. "Liam, Liam, look at me, Liam!" She shouted excitedly. He turned around casually, "Woah!" He jumped over the back of the couch. "Lads, take a look at this." He said watching Shay astonished.

"How are you doing that?" Zayn asked watching the glasses flying into the air.

"I don't know." She laughed.

Niall and Louis came down the stairs and started to watch Shay juggle the glasses too.Shay took her eyes of the glasses for a brief second and looked at the boys who were watching her. Then she blacked out and fell to the ground. The boys froze unsure what to do, Liam started to lean in to see if she was alright, then she opened her eyes.

"Shayla!" Louis said in a panic. "Are you alright, love?"

"Yeah." She said slowly rubbing the back of her head.

"Do you want some water or something?" Harry asked concerned.

"No." She said standing up. "I-I'm just going to go for a walk."

When she left the room Niall said, "Should someone go with her?"

"I will." Zayn said heading towards the door. "You lads go to the pool deck, we will meet you there later."

"You're sure?" Harry said taking a step towards the door.

"Yup." He said closing the door.

Zayn walked down the long hallway out to the pool deck and looked around. He didn't see her. Then he went up the water slides. She wasn't there either. Then he saw her walking around the empty running track. He sped up his walk in an attempt to catch up with her.

"Hi." He said catching up with her.

"Hello." She said slowing down her walk.

"You okay?" He asked.

"Yeah." She said watching her feet.

"What happened?" He tried again.

"I don't know, I guess it just hit me." She said looking at him.

"What hit you?" He asked confused.

"Just everything."

"Everything?"

"Yeah, this whole thing just seems unreal."

"Why?"

She stopped walking. "Zayn, I grew up in Toronto. I never thought I'd be an artist. And I definitely never thought I'd be rooming with my favorite band, One Direction, for a cruise."

Zayn laughed and put his arm around her. "It's alright. Now come on, you have to go hang out with One Direction."