Chapter Twenty - Now or Never

It was very late at night and  Louis and Harry were alone out on the pool deck, everyone else was inside listening to the live band play in the atrium.

“Do you like her?” Harry questioned.

“Yeah.” Louis finally admitted.

“I can’t believe that we are getting off the boat tomorrow.”

Louis face fell. “I know. Are we just never going to talk to her again?”

“Well you could get her number or something, it’s not like you can bring her to London.”

Louis’ face lit up, without saying anything Harry knew he had an idea.  

“What are doing?” Harry said watching him get up from his chair.

“I’m bringing her to London.” He said running towards the elevators.

“Lou, she isn’t going to London.” Harry called standing up.

“I can try.” He said as the doors closed.

***

“Play Aerosmith, I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing!” Someone in the crowd yelled when the band finished playing the song.

The man who was singing leaned into the microphone. “Next we are going to play I Don’t Wanna Miss A Thing.”

They band started playing the song and Niall, Shayla and Zayn were singing along. Louis walked in and put an arm around Shay. She turned to him, “Hi.” She had a big smile spread across her face.

 “Hi, can I talk to you.” He said trying to speak loud enough for her to hear over the music.

“Sure, but can we talk in the room, it's too loud plus I’m getting kind of tired.”

“Alright.”

Once they got to the room Shayla quickly wrapped Louis in a hug. “I’m going to miss you.” Her voice cracking as she spoke.

“I’ll miss you too.” Louis said hugging her tighter.

“Ugh, I wish we didn’t have to leave.” She said smiling.

“Them come with me.” He said.

“What?” She said pulling away from the hug.

“Come with me back to London.”

“Lou, as much as I’d love to I can’t . What about new york?”

“I know. I just had some crazy idea that you would leave with us.” He said, she could hear the depression in his voice.

“Here.” She said walking into the kitchen and reaching into her purse. She pulled out her white iPhone and passed it to him. “Give me your number and I will call you every day. I’m going to bed, you can just put my phone on the counter when you’re done.” She smiled gave him a kiss and another hug and left to go upstairs.

She opened the doors to her closet and sighed. She started packing up her things, she changed in to her pyjamas she laid out pair of shorts, and a sweater for the plane tomorrow. Shay zippered up her suitcase and realized she left her laptop down stairs on the counter. She walked out of her room and passed Niall in the hallway.

“Is everyone asleep?” She asked.

“Everyone except Harry and Lou, they’re still down stairs.”

“Alright. Goodnight Niall.” She smiled.

She walked down the stairs to find Louis and Harry sitting on the couch talking. When they saw her they’re conversation stopped.

“I’m just getting my laptop.” She said awkwardly when they looked at her.

“Night.” Harry called as she was walking back up the stairs.

“Night boys.” She smiled at them.

Once Shayla was upstairs and in her room the boys started talking again.

“So did she agree to going back to London?” Harry asked already knowing the answer.

“No.” Louis said in a depressed tone.

“Yeah, that too bad, but at least you got her number and she said that she would call you every day.” He continued trying to cheer him up.

“I know, but I still wish she would come to London.” Louis sighed.

“Well there is nothing we can do about it now.” Harry said giving him a look of sympathy. “But I suggest you go to bed, we all have early flights tomorrow.”

***

“I’ll miss you.” Shayla said wrapping Zayn in a hug.

“Don’t forget to tweet me.”

“ I won’t .” She laughed.

“Call us.” Harry said pulling her into another hug and giving her a kiss on the cheek.

“I promise.”

After Shayla got hugs from everyone she turned to Louis, “I almost forgot, do you have my phone?”

“Oh, yeah, I do.” He reached into his pocket and pulled out a white iPhone and handed it to her.

“Thanks.” She said putting in her purse. “Bye.” She gave Louis a quick kiss before walking out the door.

***

She met Cory at the door.

“Your bags were sent back to your apartment early this morning , we got the call from your friend Elliott telling us they arrived.”

“Thank you Cory.”

“It was a pleasure having you on board.” He said shaking her hand.

“Thanks for having me.” She said before stepping into her cab.

Once she arrived at the airport and got seated on her flight, she started thinking about all the fun she had on the cruise with the boys. Dancing with Harry, the late night snacks with Niall, they air hockey games with Zayn, the list when on and on. She fell asleep to these thoughts.

The impact of the plane landing woke her up, she stepped off the plane and slowly made her way to the baggage claim.  She waited with everyone else, until she saw her pick suitcase on the coveyer belt, she grabbed it and walked over to her friend Elliott.

“Shayla.” He said happily. “How was the cruise?”

“Amazing.” She said digging in her purse for her phone.

When pulled out her phone she said to herself, “That little devil.”

“What?” Elliott said confused.

“Hey El, change of plans, I need you to take my bag, go back to my apartment, pack up all my stuff and wait for a call.”

“Umm. Okay. Why?” He said taking her bag.

“I’m not sure yet.”

He smiled at her as he walked out the door. “You’re crazy.”

“I’ve been told.”

She unlocked the phone and dialled a number.

“Hello?”

“Stealing my phone was a good move, you win Lou, pick me up at the airport in seven hours.”

“See you then.”  He said before hanging up the phone.

___________________________________________________________________________________

That is the end of this story , thanks for reading don’t worry I have already started a sequel. Thank you so much for your comments and votes. Love from BerliozKitty