Chapter Twelve - Our Song

The remainder of their afternoon was spent outside on the pool deck, running around and swimming. When diner rolled around they were all exhausted, Shayla was sleep on the couch with Harry when the phone rang. She lifted her head from Harry's chest and reached for the phone on the coffee table.

"Hello?" She said still half asleep. 

"Hey Shayla. I need you to go to party for you tonight." It was Cory. 

"Okay." She said not really listening.

"Good. We just need you to be in the dance club at eight until at least eleven. Bring someone with you if you want. Okay?" 

"Yup." She said hanging up the phone. She rested her head back down on Harry chest, and just before she was about fall back asleep she heard Louis say, "Who was that?" 

"Just Cory" 

"What did he want?" he asked curiously. 

"I just need to go to a party at eight." She said closing her eyes.

"Well it's seven fifty-five now." He said looking at the gold clock on the wall. 

"What?!" She panicked shooting up from the couch. Shayla started to run up the stairs then stopped to turn to Louis.

"Go get changed you're coming with me." Shayla said.

"What?" Louis asked confused following her up the stairs.

"Put on a tux." She said frantically running into her room.

She started tearing apart her closet looking for a dress then she saw her purple strapless dress, the dress was to about her knee in the front and about half was down her calf in the back. She checked her hair in the mirror and brushed out her curls into smooth waves. She grabbed a pair of heels and ran down stairs.

"You ready?" Louis asked watching her hop on one foot trying to get her other shoe on.

"Yeah." Shay said taking a deep breath in.

They ran out the door and down to the dance club.

"Good you're here." Cory said letting them in. "You two just stay in here until eleven then you can leave. People will just be asking you questions about your work and yeah." He said looking stressed. "Help yourselves to any of the food and have fun."

"Thanks Cory." Shay said with a smile.

Cory left the room and started letting people into the club. They DJ started playing music and things started to pick up. Louis leaned into Shay, "You look good."

"Not too bad yourself." She said with a flirty smile.

Their conversation was interrupted by a rich looking woman walked up to Shayla.

"Excuse me, Miss Benna?" Said someone in a thick Russian accent.

"Yes."

"Hi, I'm Ashley Gledsworth, I work with New York Art Scene." She said shaking Shay's hand.

"Oh, hi, Ì've heard of the Art Scene I've actually been to one of the lectures in the museum of modern art." She said smiling.

"I have been admiring your work and you are quite the talented artist. We are actually interested in having some of your art work in our museum."

Shay's face lit up with happiness.

"So." Said Ms. Gledsworth changing the subject. "This is your party?"

"To be honest I'm not really sure." She said with a laugh. "Cory, just called me and said I needed to be here."

"Well we are going to say it's your party." Ms. Gledsworth said with a light hearted laughed. "So you are here with your boyfriend?" She asked looking to Louis.