Chapter Sixteen - Is This A Secret

Shayla woke up with a splash of cold water on her legs.

"Hey!" She said looking up at who was standing over her.

"Wakey wakey." Louis said with a childish smile spread across his face.

"What are you talking about?" Shayla asked confused.

"You fell asleep."

"No I was merely laying down with my eyes closed and tuning out everyone else." She said with a smirk.

"You were asleep." Niall said passing by.

"Stay out of this Niall." She said getting up.

"What are you going to do about it?" Niall said challenging her.

"I don't know...something." She said poking Niall.

"What time is it?" Liam asked.

"Umm." Shayla said digging through the beach bag. She pulled out Zayn's phone. "It's three thirty three."

"Where did you get that?" Zayn said grabbing his phone.

"I took it."

"She used to work for British Intelligence." Harry said winking at her.

She laughed.

"We better get on the boat, it leaves at four." Liam said taking charge.

They packed up all their stuff and got back on the boat. As soon as they got back Niall said, "Time for dinner."

"Niall." Shayla whined from the couch. "I'm so tired."

"How on earth are you tired? You just woke up from sleeping on the beach." Niall said walking over to her.

"I don't know, I'm having a lazy afternoon." She pulling on the purple sweater that was thrown on the floor.

"I'll bring you back something." Niall said leaving with the boys.

"Thank you." She said as they closed the door.

She rolled off the couch and onto the black faux fur rug in front of it. She closed her eyes and started to fall asleep when she felt someone lay down beside her.

"You know that's Harry's sweater?"

"Well I knew it wasn't mine." She said absently while turning around to see Louis on the floor beside her. "What are you doing here?"

"Do you not want me here?" He asked starting to get up.

"No." She said stopping him. "I just meant why aren't you out to dinner with the rest of them."

"I'm tired." He laughed.

"I think that's just an excuse." She smirked wrapping her arms around him.

He kissed her lightly. "Maybe."

She laughed and he kissed her again.

"You're cute."

"You're weird."

"Hey! Way to spoil the moment." He said pulling back.

"I like weird." She said leaning closer.

"Me too." He laughed.

She pressed her lips against his, as the did this she asked herself, is this real? He kissed her again which let her know that her know, yes this is real life.

Eventually they made their way back up onto the couch and started watching TV. Shayla turned to Louis, "Would you fancy getting dinner?"

"That depends. Is it formal?"

"No. I was thinking we'd go to the steakhouse on the tenth floor."

"Sure." He said getting up from the couch.

Once they wrote a note for the boys and got out into the hall. Louis turned to her. Shayla raised her eyebrows as if to say 'what'.

"Shall we?" He said offering his arm.

She giggled taking it. They walked down the hall laughing and talking about absolutely nothing.

***

"Anyone else think there is something between Louis and Shalya?" Zayn asked taking a bite of lasagna.

"Nothing more than what's between him and Harry." Liam teased.

"Oh shut up." Harry said trying not to laugh.

"No, but in all seriousness, I do agree with you." Liam said taking a sip of sprite.

"So." Niall said with a mouthful. "Who is going to ask him?"

"I will." Zayn said looking at the others.

"I think I should do it." Harry spoke up.

"Why?" Zayn questioned.

"Because I live with him, he'll tell me and even if he doesn't I can tell when he's lying."

"True."

***

"Table for two?"

They nodded.

"Right this way."

Shayla and Louis followed the man dressed in the nice blue blazer to a small empty table. Louis gave a polite nod to say thank you then they sat down.

"So what are we going to have?" Louis asked scanning the menu.

"Well, I'm not craving anything." She said flipping through the pages.

"Do you want to share something?"

"Sure."

"What do you want?"

"Whatever, I'm not picky." She said closing her menu.

After Louis ordered, Shayla had a certain look on her face, Louis knew she was think about something.

"Is something wrong?" He smiled.

"No, I was just thinking. Are we going to tell the others that we are..."

"Whatever?" He finished for her.

"Yeah. I mean... Like... Is this a secret?"

"I wouldn't call it a secret."

"No." She agreed.

"Just not something we would bring up."

"I totally agree."