The Time Lords, the Widow, and the Wardrobe - Three

The Doctor watched the Stone step towards the boy and the wooden King and Queen "Careful dear."

"Always am." She winked before looking at the aliens. "What do you want with Cyril?"

The boy blinked his eyes as he woke up. "They're scared." He looked at the Time Lady. "Can't you hear them? The trees are screaming. Can't you hear?"

The Stone tilted her head slightly as the Doctor moved forward and scanned the small crown with his screwdriver before checking the reading. "No, but you can. You're connected to them."

"Through the crown?" The Stone questioned, "interesting."

"Why have the stars left the trees?"

"I think they're-" Cyril began only to stop and scrunch his eyes up.

"It's okay Cyril." The Stone softly cut in. ",Just relax and concentrate. What are they doing?"

"Evacuating." He replied. "They're evacuating."

"But why?" Jenny asked, "What are they evacuating for?"

"They're frightened of the rain. The rain that burns."

"Stone please explain. I'm frightened."

The Time Lady nodded and took the brunettes hand, walking towards the window. "Those stars." She pointed at them. "They're pure life force. A little but like souls, they're trying to escape because they think their home is going to burn."

"Why can't they just float up into the sky?" Lily questioned.

"They can't just float away, they need to travel inside a living thing, for example, Cyril." The Doctor explained.

"As pretty as it is what Cyril is wearing isn't a pretty crown, it's actually a relay."

The Doctor nodded. "They're turning your brother into a lifeboat. That's what this place is for, then. It's an escape plan, is that it?" He looked at the wooden aliens.

The Stones eyes widened as the Queen reached a hand towards Cyril. "Don't you dare!" She shouted, going to run to the alien. The Doctor grabbed the Time Lady, stopping her from possibly harming herself. "Hurt him and you will have me to face!" She screamed.

The Queen rested her hand on Cyril's shoulder. "Your coming was foretold." The boy said in a deep male voice.

"Oh my God, what is that?" Lily stared at them. "Why did he sound like that?"

The Stone sighed and relaxed against the Doctor. "He's okay." She slowly nodded.

"Oh, hello." The Doctor smiled at the Queen. "Are we lip synching now?"

"We had faith." The Queen said through Cyril. "Your coming was foretold." 

"There's no such thing as foretelling." The Stone smirked, crossing her arms. "Trust someone who once had foreknowledge."

"And also a time traveller." The Doctor added. 

"We waited, and you came."

"So, you've got an escape plan." The Doctor nodded. "Then why aren't you escaping?" 

"The child is weak."

"You mean he's a child." 

"No, he is weak." The Queen corrected. "The forest cannot live in him. But there are others."

"There certainly are." The Doctor clapped his hands together and knelt down to Cyrils, facing him. "And, the good thing is I look great in a hat. So, let's get this thing off, eh?"