Breaking Promises

It's time for the final chapter for this book, I can't believe it's finally over I know updating has been something I've done a lot of recently but we got there in the end! enjoy this chapter <3

-----

It had been a month since Jenny had seen her mother, three weeks since said Time Lady left hers and the Doctors bedroom, four weeks since either of them truly looked happy.

It hurt.

River was still living onboard the TARDIS with them, at least until they were a little calmer, she was more worried about the Stone than anything. The woman was going to have a baby soo  and if River didn't know it she looked depressed when she did see her.

The Time Lords lied on their bed, the Stone curled into the Doctor, her face hiding against his chest. "We need to tell him." The Doctor whispered into the gingers mind. Holding her close as she wept for the second time that day. He tried to suggest it a few days ago but of course she dismissed the idea. "Brian needs to know. He was Rory's dad."

"We promised him." She croked her voice raw and breaking. "If I can't look after his child how can I look after my own?"

"Hey," he said aloud holding her cheeks in his hands, "don't you dare say that about yourself Stone. This is not your fault." She sniffed and hugged him again before he sat up. His arm resting on her waist. "Can you fly the TARDIS to Amy and Rory's house please." He telepathically asked his daughter. "We're going to see Brian." He felt her worry and reassured her that everything was okay.

The TARDIS hummed slightly as they went through the corridors and into the console room that the Time Lady haden't been in for weeks on end, they went in one door and out the other, ending up right in front of Brian Williams and another man who looked to be in his sixties who was stood next to him holding a letter that looked like it had already been opened.

Brian opened his arms and the Time Lady shook her head for a moment and fell into him. She was sorry and heartbroken for having lost Rory. He trusted her and she let him down, let Amy and Rory down. The Doctor swallowed hard and was pulled into the hug as well after a moment.

He didn't blame them. He just couldn't do that after everything they had done for their best friends.

The man named Anthony Brian Williams who was Amy and Rory's adopted son was introduced to them after they shared a few tears with Rory's father. The Time Lords smiled. They introduced themselves and Anthonys face brightened instantly. "The Stone?" He pointed at her. "My sister."

She let out a sob. It went from being just her and the Doctor to suddenly a whole growing family, the Time Lady was shocked and in awe of it all. "I know." Anthony rubbed her back. "They told me a lot of stories about you."

She let him go and swallowed hard. "Dad told me to give you this if I ever got to meet you." He reached into his pocket and brought out an old envelope.

The Stone slowly nodded and took the letter, placing it safely into her pocket to read when back on the TARDIS.

Anthony then directed his attention to the Doctor. "Doctor." He smiled and hugged the Time Lord. "Thank you." He looked at them. "Thank you for coming."

"We wanted to." The Stone smiled, quite proud at what Amy and Rory had done with their lives. "We just don't know what to say."

"Thank you." He nodded. "Say thank you to Jenny as well, my niece." He smiled. "I hope to see you again someday."

The Doctor hugged him one last time as they got up to leave. "We hope to see you again soon Anthony."

"I'm sure we will." Anthony nodded.

Brian hugged the Stone again. "You did all you could." He told her. "I know you did, you cared for him just as much as he cared for you."

The Stone nodded and the Doctor gently took her hand, the two of them heading into the TARDIS. The Doctor pulled a lever as the Stone brought out the envelope Anthony had given her, carefully opening it the Time Lady began to read.

I don't know if this is ever going to get read but if I know you like I think I do you would have come back to apologise to my dad but you don't have to Stone, there was nothing you could do. You couldn't have known that Angel would be at the graveyard so please Stone don't blame yourself like I know you are right now. Stop it because it isn't going to get you anywhere, right now you need to stay strong because you have a child on the way, someone who is going to need you to be strong and brave and clever all at the same time. They're going to look up to you for guidance in this strange world and they can't do that if you're full of hatred for yourself. I know it's going to be hard without me and Amy around for a bit but it won't be forever. The Doctor is going to end up finding someone else to show the universe and everything it has to offer. They're going to be scared and afraid at times and you're the one who will reassure them, you're the one who reassured me when I needed it so thank you Stone. Thank you for believing and trusting me and for making me your companion, thank you for making me feel wanted and cared for when I didn't think I was.

Thank you for everything.

Mine and Amy's time is coming to an end very soon but someone else is about to have their begining with you so do what you always do best Stone, run. Keep running and don't look back but do look after yourself, be as wonderful as I know you are and please, don't hate yourself too much. Goodbye.

Look after your new fanily,
love Rory.

The Stone swallowed hard and lowered the letter, tears rolling down her cheeks. "Damn you." She shook her head, only sorrow and sadness in her words. "Damn you Rory Williams, knowing exactly what I'm like."

-----

And that's it. Wow. The next book is already up with the introduction chapter already out so go have a read and add the book to your library so you are notified when i update it! We're going over to see Hollie again who has to help Amy make a difficult decision in Amy's Choice before we come back to the Doctor and the Stone