The Power of Six - Two

I hope everyone has had a lovely Christmas and is having a happy new year! I was so busy on new years day with family and talking to friends online that I had no time to upload a chapter, I won't talk about the special to avoid spoilers but all I can say is that I loved it and I can't wait for Doctor Who to come back! This Chapter is SO important... I wonder if anyone can guess why.

After finding a car waiting for them outside the Pond house the Stone, Jenny, Amy and the Doctor were driven to the tower of London where Kate Stewart was waiting for them. "Every cube across the whole world activated at the same moment," Kate explained as they walked inside.

The Doctor clapped his hands together. "Now we're in business. You sent me a message to my psychic paper. You know what? I'm almost impressed."

The Stone smirked at that. She knew he was nowhere close to almost impressed. Perhaps so impressed he didn't need to be impressed again was a better answer.

"Secret base beneath the Tower," Amy muttered when they entered UNIT HQ. "Hope we're not here because we know too much."

"Yes, I've got officers trained in beheading." Kate joked. "Also ravens of death."

"I like her," Amy informed the Time Lords.

Jenny chuckled and nodded. "She is quite the character."

The group walked through a large area with armoured cubicles monitoring one cube each, "There are fifty being monitored, and more coming in all the time. I don't know how useful it is. Every cube is behaving individually. There's no meaningful pattern. Some respond to proximity. Some create mood swings."

Amy touched a cubicle and jumped when the cube inside had flames burst around it.

She frowned and pointed to a cubicle with a cube that had no tests being done on it. "Er, what's this one?"

"Try the door."

Amy did so and frowned when the Birdie song came blasting out the cubical.

The Doctor made a grim face and placed his fingers into his ears. Jenny chuckled and started to dance to the music. The Stone sighed shaking her head. "On a loop!" Kate said over the music while Amy shut the door.

"This is the latest." She showed them multiple computer screens on a wall with a man sat down in a chair.

"As my wife says: Oh dear." He glanced at the Time Lady grinning for a moment before looking back at the screens. "Systems breach at the Pentagon, China, every African nation, the Middle East."

"I've got governments screaming for explanations and no idea what to tell them." Kate shrugged. "I'm lost, Doctor, Stone. We all are."

"Don't despair, Kate." The Doctor smiled.

"I can't remember your dad ever doing that." The Time Lady added.

The woman looked at them shocked. The Stone chuckled shaking her head.

"Kate Stewart, heading up UNIT, changing the way they work." The Doctor smiled.

"How could you not be?" The Time Lady crossed her arms and raised a brow. "Why did you drop Lethbridge?"

"I didn't want any favours." She answered and looked at both the Time Lords. "Though he guided me, even to the end. Science leads, he always told me. Said he'd learned that from two old friends."

"We don't let him down." The Doctor answered. "We don't let this planet down."

"They've stopped." The man with glasses who was at the computer desk stated. "The cubes, across the world, they just shut down."